3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Feb 3-9 Training (Read 13 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Coughing, hacking, wheezing. Kept my daily mile going, wishing for more. Soon.

DoppleBock

Get well!

Coughing, hacking, wheezing. Kept my daily mile going, wishing for more. Soon.

When I used to train heavily - Streaking made no sense to me ... IF I am beat up or life got in the way ... a day off was great.  I know get it ... it has little to do with the day that I might force the minimum.  It has everything to do with all the other days where it is easy to go out and run ... because that is the think I do.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yea. For me, if I take a day or two off, I end up sometimes taking a week or two off, and the next thing I know I haven't run in a month. A 10 inure run keeps me honest and accountable, and makes it easier to scale back up when I am better.

So. Much. Snot. This morning tho.

kcam

I'm brand new to trying to keep a streak going, I used to be very much against it as I wanted to be able to take a day off when I wanted without worrying about an arbitrary streak.  But streaking is so far seemig to help me keep my daily training runs easy (truly easy, not mr-bigshot-racer-easy) knowing that tomorrow I will run no matter what.  I'm starting to come around to what almost every veteran runner, those that have run for 40 years or more, say:  "If I had it to do over again I would have run my easy days EASIER".

DoppleBock

I know the truth - But the only time it is easy keeping it easy is when that is all I can do is easy.  During a run I have to remind myself many times the purpose of the run to keep to the purpose.  Once in awhile I still fail - But I am better this go around ... so far.

Except Tuesday - I was stupid Tuesday.

I'm starting to come around to what almost every veteran runner, those that have run for 40 years or more, say:  "If I had it to do over again I would have run my easy days EASIER".

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !