3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Spaniel Farms Keg Tap 5K (Read 50 times)

Prince of Fatness

I did not catch what beer is in the keg.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I did not catch what beer is in the keg.

From the Beer Mile thread.

The keg is Fountain Square Susie Q Summer Ale, a wheat.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Got it.  Nothing wrong with trying something different.  Speaking of which, it my be a good time to try a bomber of an IPA from Weyerbacher since all intended recipients will be present.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Damn it was hot at lunch. It will be shirtless tonight so beware if you're watching on the Ocho.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Seems someone drank my Andromeda before I could get to it. It wasn't Spaniel. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Cool label. My younger daughter loves wolves.

Feeling the growl again

Is this today?

Since WhoDat is apparently manning up, I suppose I will actually need to run it as well.  I guess we will have home field advantage at the Beer Mile as we will get 12.5 laps on the track for 5K tonight.  Given my moderate heat exhaustion a couple days ago and the ongoing evening conditions I did not get on the hot tractor and mow the 1/2mi firebreak around the property I'd intended to use.

Given the misery added by the weather and the fact that the track is much better running that the mowed firebreak, this is probably a good thing.

When I checked the keg this morning it was at 36 degrees so we should be able to cool down quickly.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Got it.  Nothing wrong with trying something different.  Speaking of which, it my be a good time to try a bomber of an IPA from Weyerbacher since all intended recipients will be present.

I've got a whole box of those bombers waiting for all 3 of us to be in the same place at the same time; I will chuck that one in the fridge when I get home.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

#artbydmcbride

Spaniel Frams Keg Tap Shirtless 5k    Cool

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

Roughly...

Spaniel - 20:35

WhoDat - 23:55

C-R - 32:XX

1)  I forgot how difficult that "track" surface is to run on.  Damned cows.

2)  ~100F heat index...screw that.

3)  No DNFs....C-R is hardcore.  After wisely sitting out a couple laps he stuck it out to finish the race.

4)  The avatar and his younger buddy are hardcore.  The real spaniel is 10 years old and he ran all but 1-2 laps of the race.

5) The post-"race" beer and company were excellent.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

WhoDat - 23:55

That's very kind, but add 4 minutes to that for my actual time. Wink

Great time even though it was miserbly hot and the footing on the track is a bit dicey.

Feeling the growl again

That's very kind, but add 4 minutes to that for my actual time. Wink

Great time even though it was miserbly hot and the footing on the track is a bit dicey.

My mistake....wine after beer, everybody steer clear...

Seriously, we need to do a fall beer mile in cool weather on a real track.  While Spaniel Farms avoids any legal issues it really is a bit of a handicap.

If I ever locate a local heavy, heavy roller it would help.

C-R

Oh i will sleep well tonight. Great company and beer. Now I have a soft pr for next year.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/