3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

3 x 1 mile with half mile jog rests, 5:09, 5:10, 5:26... had to talk myself into not packing it in halfway into the last mile - "just finish the workout, just finish the workout". A pretty big fade, but I'll take it.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    kcam

I ran a 6X1600 (400 jog) workout yesterday.  The plan going in was to run 6 of them at a little slower than my 10K pace which would be between 6:40 and 6:45 per 1600.  So all's going well until the recovery jog before the 5th interval.  I'd run them in 6:46, 6:46, 6:42 & 6:41.  I thought, hell this is getting a little rough let's call it a day after #5.  So on #5 I start out too fast and try to dial it down at 400, 800 and 1200 and I'm still running a little too hard.  I finished the 5th at 6:35.  I'm nto a big fan of running TOO hard (I think it's better to err on the conservative side in both distance and pace for these kinds of workouts) so I was a little annoyed that I'd done the stupid 'last interval so hammer it' thing.   As punishment I made myself run the 6th interval.  But I ran that one too fast as well - 6:37.  Should've made myself keep running them until I ran another 6:40-6:45'r!!

This morning I feel fine so maybe it was a good workout.

Feeling the growl again

I ran a 6X1600 (400 jog) workout yesterday.  The plan going in was to run 6 of them at a little slower than my 10K pace which would be between 6:40 and 6:45 per 1600.  So all's going well until the recovery jog before the 5th interval.  I'd run them in 6:46, 6:46, 6:42 & 6:41.  I thought, hell this is getting a little rough let's call it a day after #5.  So on #5 I start out too fast and try to dial it down at 400, 800 and 1200 and I'm still running a little too hard.  I finished the 5th at 6:35.  I'm nto a big fan of running TOO hard (I think it's better to err on the conservative side in both distance and pace for these kinds of workouts) so I was a little annoyed that I'd done the stupid 'last interval so hammer it' thing.   As punishment I made myself run the 6th interval.  But I ran that one too fast as well - 6:37.  Should've made myself keep running them until I ran another 6:40-6:45'r!!

This morning I feel fine so maybe it was a good workout.

Niiice...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

3 x 1 mile with half mile jog rests, 5:09, 5:10, 5:26... had to talk myself into not packing it in halfway into the last mile - "just finish the workout, just finish the workout". A pretty big fade, but I'll take it.

Also nice.  Not sure I could even run a 5:09 right now.  Ugh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Kevin.. that's hurtlocker material! Talk about needing a long run. Plenty of speed. Just that last rep is the killer.

Ken.. pretty solid workout. Nice boost of confidence to do better than you think. I took your advice today and eased into my 7 mile run. First three at 604 average.. last four at 552.

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

kcam

Kevin.. that's hurtlocker material! Talk about needing a long run. Plenty of speed. Just that last rep is the killer.

Ken.. pretty solid workout. Nice boost of confidence to do better than you think. I took your advice today and eased into my 7 mile run. First three at 604 average.. last four at 552.

Money.  You AND Kevin!

Hey, hey, look at that.  Pushed a run over 10 miles.  Nice 7 mile tempo effort too.  I love progression-type long(er) runs.

heh.. miracles do happen!

Also getting advice today from my wife's personal trainer. Seems runners have to be careful about their knees. (Not to mention the last one that was pushing some sort of Cross-Fit thing on me)

Hey, hey, look at that.  Pushed a run over 10 miles.  Nice 7 mile tempo effort too.  I love progression-type long(er) runs.

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

Thanks for the push guys. Thanks to seeing your solid efforts today, I came home and did 15 on the mountain bike and then rolled into a 5k tempo- 541, 538, 535.  Started raining in the 2nd mile of the run and the winds were pretty steady out of the SE.  I feel satisfied with the effort.  I'm having a beer now.

kcam

Didn't really have a good workout in the sense of this thread but somewhere along this morning's long run the RA odo ticked over the 25,000 mile mark.  Thought that was kinda cool.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I mostly ran 8 miles today, longest I've run all year.

I remember when 8 was a short run... but alas, happy about it.

Feeling the growl again

I'm in the same boat...except for the running today part.

C-R

I'm not worthy to post in this thread.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Ha ha I ran 5.5 yesterday, the most since my surgery last April.

Not at it at all. 

Didn't really have a good workout in the sense of this thread but somewhere along this morning's long run the RA odo ticked over the 25,000 mile mark.  Thought that was kinda cool.

Very cool.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes