3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

F-ing weird. Happens more times that I would like. But, I do a race and in the coming weeks I feel great. Today.. five miles at 542. Mile jog. Then half a mile in 233. Would it be lame to find an empty track to run twelve and a half laps?

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

F-ing weird. Happens more times that I would like. But, I do a race and in the coming weeks I feel great. Today.. five miles at 542. Mile jog. Then half a mile in 233. Would it be lame to find an empty track to run twelve and a half laps?

That's what the Blame Spaniel 5Ks were this spring.  Why is it lame?  Heck, if it's on a real track go ahead and call it a PR if you run one.  Not like it can be mis-measured.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

heh.. never thought of making it a series!

Blame Spaniel 5Ks

Feeling the growl again

heh.. never thought of making it a series!

You never run your best on the first 5K of the season.....and why abuse yourself in isolation when you can abuse your friends too?  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Four miles in 2230 today. Really pushed the last half mile in.

Im not sure how to shave a few sec / mile off my 5k time. I just might be a weekly long run away from sub16, but that's not going to happen any time soon. Would longer tempos help solve this issue? Although I feel like I had a pretty good 2014.

7 miles in 4032. Last mile in 543.

Feeling the growl again

Nice, very nice.

I'm not sure it was good, but I did 10X400 today.  Started in 73, mostly 75s and 76s, finished all-out in 71.  But recovery was long (90sec) for what I typically do.  Meh.  Rust-buster at the very least.

It hurt good, and at this point that's what counts.

Yup - very impressive!

I'm not sure it was good, but I did 10X400 today.  Started in 73, mostly 75s and 76s, finished all-out in 71.  But recovery was long (90sec) for what I typically do.  Meh.  Rust-buster at the very least.

It hurt good, and at this point that's what counts.

Why are you doing those?  You need to focus on marathon training. Forget the 400's and 5k time trials all....  J/K, one of us will get that sub-16 in 2015 damn it!

C-R

I did 7 on my second run of the day today but it took me a lot longer than that. Good stuff for ya.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Why are you doing those?  You need to focus on marathon training. Forget the 400's and 5k time trials all....  J/K, one of us will get that sub-16 in 2015 damn it!

You can't hold 5:40s for the marathon if you struggle with 5:20s.  Have to rebuild the basic speed, then add the endurance.

Plus, I want that beer really really bad.  Wink

You can't hold 5:40s for the marathon if you struggle with 5:20s.  Have to rebuild the basic speed, then add the endurance.

Plus, I want that beer really really bad.  Wink

Yup, in 2015 needs to at least scare the 16:00 barrier....

There seem to be a number of us that are, at least, starting to knock on that door.

Yup, in 2015 needs to at least scare the 16:00 barrier....

There seem to be a number of us that are, at least, starting to knock on that door.

That's why Spaniel needs to stay focused on the marathon.  No need to rush into a sub-16 effort...yet. 

Feeling the growl again

That's why Spaniel needs to stay focused on the marathon.  No need to rush into a sub-16 effort...yet. 

That's OK, I ran my fastest 5Ks on marathon training. Wink