3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November 2014 Racing Thread (Read 36 times)

Fail.  I held goal pace through mile 8 and then started to fall off pace. Decided not to push and bagged it. Walked/jogged the next 4 miles then jogged it in the last mile. The cold was pretty miserable once I slowed down. I did run the first 10K in 52:32 which would be a 10K PR. Too bad I couldn't hold the pace. Back to training.

Sorry to hear this WhoDat!  Recover well and good luck with training for the Monkey!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

An entry for the boy...Ntown Kyle, 11/16, USATF CT XC Jr. Championships, Litchfield, CT, 2k (8yo and under), goal: 11:40?

He's not the fastest kid (yet), but he's been working at it, and we have had a blast "training" for this. Our weekend runs are my favorite run of the week.

A little hat tip to RA, too - he LOVES entering his runs on the log.

AWESOME!! How did it go?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just registered.. so its on.

Surfer's Path 10k - Santa Cruz, CA - November 9 - Goal: Sub 35

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

kcam

That is a beautiful, though not easy, course.  It runs along the Wharf-to-Wharf race course.  That's a race you should definitely do if you haven't already.  You're probably fast enough to finish in the Top 100.  Everyone in the Top 100 gets some kind of 'elite apparel'.  You see someone walking around the Bay Area with a top 100 sweatshirt from WTW you know he/she is a quick runner.  Some prestige there.  6 mile race (not 10K) and #100 last year was 35:10.  Good luck in your race.

W2W would be fun. I hope to do it next year. It sells out in hours though. I looked and top 100 typically has low 550-ish pace. Pretty solid given the hills.

I grew up on Opal Cliff, at the end of the race. Funny that all these years later I would love to cheer on runners from that front yard. Sadly the people my parents sold the house to demolished it and build an architectural abomination. I don't know, now that I think of it, this race could be kind of strange.

Oh.. and Mbehr running a PR is legit. Rooting for you!

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

C-R

I will be racing the USATF US Masters XC National Championships on Nov 8. Goal is to not be DFL.

20:11 and new PR on the course. Did not finish DFL but shit there were some fast dudes. Atlanta Track club brought the hammer. Our team finished 5th and needed 6 points which I think I could have helped but then again when I finished one of the volunteers asked if I needed the medical staff so perhaps I didn't leave much on the course.

This XC stuff is a blast. In a few years, spaniel can join our masters team and look out people.

Oh and I didi run the Indiana Classic 4k a couple of hours prior to the big race as a warm up. Good times.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

pcaharrier

11/8 - pcaharrier - Oak Grove Lake Marathon, Chesapeake - 3:35

Don't bother googling the Oak Grove Lake Marathon because it doesn't exist. I'm doing 17+ laps at a local park instead of paying the registration fee for the marathon I had originally wanted to do this same weekend.

Edit: Also, I think 3:35 is probably a little ambitious for running by myself, but it's a perfectly flat, 1.5 mile loop and the weather looks like it will be really good, so why not give it a shot? Either I'll do it or hurt myself trying.

3:39:06

I know I just went out a bit too fast and faded at the end. Unfortunately I can't tell exactly how much too fast or when I started to fade because RunKeeper crapped out on me . . . well, either that or I became the person closest to breaking the 3-minute barrier in the mile at mile 11. Not the goal time that I was shooting for, but still a PR by well over 2 minutes. Also, I don't feel nearly as sore and spent as I did after my first marathon last year.

Feeling the growl again

Nice.  And crap, it won't be that long for me will it...wish I could have come to watch but I have kid duty today and spent the morning training WhoDat for Monkey.

20:11 and new PR on the course. Did not finish DFL but shit there were some fast dudes. Atlanta Track club brought the hammer. Our team finished 5th and needed 6 points which I think I could have helped but then again when I finished one of the volunteers asked if I needed the medical staff so perhaps I didn't leave much on the course.

This XC stuff is a blast. In a few years, spaniel can join our masters team and look out people.

Oh and I didi run the Indiana Classic 4k a couple of hours prior to the big race as a warm up. Good times.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

1:14:31 for 2OA. Winner ran 1:13:57 or so. Was within 5 sec of him before mile 12 but he closed hard. Very happy with the pacing and effort.  Started off easy with a small group. Opening mile was 5:49. We quickly picked up and started clicking off 5:35's. Finished off the last 5 at a 5:38 pace.  It was cold but great for running.

C-R

1:14:31 for 2OA. Winner ran 1:13:57 or so. Was within 5 sec of him before mile 12 but he closed hard. Very happy with the pacing and effort.  Started off easy with a small group. Opening mile was 5:49. We quickly picked up and started clicking off 5:35's. Finished off the last 5 at a 5:38 pace.  It was cold but great for running.

Sweet!

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Great run mbehr, you smashed it!

Damn nice race. Congrats!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

11/8        26.2M     Soldier Marathon      Columbus, GA.      <4:00  Don't fall on face again.

My training hasn't been what it should have been but was the best I could do at this time Smile

No.  Garmin time:  4:09:01.  At least I didn't trip over my own feet.  A couple close calls in the last 2-3 mile though.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

So that's an authoritative PR!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

So here we go again.

Indiana USATF Master XC 11/15 - 5k goal <20

This should be fun. High on Saturday is expected to be around 34