3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

SupnShit! (Read 28 times)

Feeling the growl again

Can we do Thursday? I have soccer reffing on Tue and Wed.

Signed " FF from Carmel"

LOL.  Well, it's fill the freezer season so we'll have to wait until spring.  Maybe by then we won't have to suck beer through a mask.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I ran 12 miles Saturday.  Hate to say looking back I think it was the longest run in 18 months.  Mostly due to the hip issues, been no fun at all.  I got done thought back about how it felt and was like dang, I use to hurt myself like this every week??

It was actually pretty pleasant, hoping i can make it a more regular thing.  Hip didn't totally hate me, though it hated the 20 tons of limestone I loaded by hand on Sunday...

Hey all!  It's been a while since I popped into the group to see what's going on.  It's been a summer of some running (~30 mpw) and some biking (~100 mpw).  Pretty much hung up the bike and am wanting to focus on running.  Ran 45 miles last week with a long run of 15.5 mi.  That is the longest run since Nov 2018 and most mileage per week since Dec 2018.  I'm actually itching to work on the mileage and get things going again.

Good to see that you all are still kicking and working on trying to keep things going.  Cheers!

kcam

Good to hear you're ready to give it a go again.  I do a little biking as well but it's just a placeholder for running and training.  The results aren't what they used to be but I still get the same satisfaction I used to get from a good workout.  This morning I ran some leg-speed focused track intervals.  Just tempo the first part of the interval and gradually turn up the heat the last 200m.  Did 1X400, 2X800, 1X600, 2X400 and 2X200.  Nothing too crazy but, dam, I feel good now!

DoppleBock

I have been gone and not running for a long time ... It seems someone burned RA to the ground.  Almost no activity in anywhere I used to poke my head into.

Maybe in the Hurtlocker it is not just ashes, but an ember is smoldering.

My oldest Daughter is graduating college in December.  My youngest Daughter is a senior in high school and has decided not to play volleyball in college ... So no club volleyball.

WTF am I to do with this time?  How do I stop being a fat out of shape 53 yo?  There has to be more to life than drinking beer and playing golf once per week - Apr - Oct.  I need a new hobby

There is a time for everything ... I think now is the time for me to run (Or job very slowly for awhile)

It is time to start comeback #37 - Just because all the previous one failed ... Maybe this is the one Smile

I miss running endorphins - I miss spending 4-5 hours on a trail in the woods - alone - but freaking enjoying the shit out of nature - I miss the LSD 20 miler.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !