3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sorry to hear about your troubles MT. I really hope everything works out for you.

I'll definitely hit 1500 for the year. That will be 250 more than last year which was my first year of any kind of significant mileage. I can still hit 200 for Dec, but I'm feeling a little beat up at the moment, so I may just take it easy.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

#artbydmcbride

{{{{{{back to running soon vibes>>> MilkTruck <<<back to running soon vibes}}}}}}  no way are you done running.   Just heal up smart, and as Purdey would say "keep your pecker up!"  Blush

Runners run

Slo

59.5 miles to go.

48.5 to go. Going to be close. Friday miles are in Jeporady.

36.5 to go. 3 days left.

20.6 to go. Within striking distance.

10 to go

Feeling the growl again

Looks like I should top 300 tomorrow.  I would guess I'll end up 330-350 for the month when all is said and done, although my kids' behavior on the road may affect that.  Just lost a few miles on the treadmill when the puking started.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

41.1 miles to go to some stupid goal that I somehow am going for despite saying I wasn't.  Sat and Sun are going to be hard to manage any miles, so Monday could be a make or break extra long (for me) run.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

41.1 miles to go to some stupid goal that I somehow am going for despite saying I wasn't.  Sat and Sun are going to be hard to manage any miles, so Monday could be a make or break extra long (for me) run.

41.1 in 5 days should be easy, especially if you're planning a long run.  The only thing I hear are excuses of how your not going hit this stupid goal- thanks CR.  The only thing that will be hard is coming back in the hurtlocker trying to tell us how you couldn't manage to "squeeze" in some miles in the next few days.  That's all I have to say, now get it done this weekend for crying out loud.  Carry on now.  Wink

41.1 in 5 days should be easy, especially if you're planning a long run.  The only thing I hear are excuses of how your not going hit this stupid goal- thanks CR.  The only thing that will be hard is coming back in the hurtlocker trying to tell us how you couldn't manage to "squeeze" in some miles in the next few days.  That's all I have to say, now get it done this weekend for crying out loud.  Carry on now.  Wink

Yeah.  You're right.  41.1 in 5 days should be easy.  Well, easy if you're not me.  But I don't have good excuses right now, so it'll get done (will see what is run Sat and Sun, and then just plod around for long enough on Mon).  CR and Greg are to blame.  I hit CR's 2400, still have to hit his 240, but then 2468 sounded nice too.

Just under 27 to go now.  I hate you all.  Although I think it's mainly my fault.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I can still hit 200 for Dec, but I'm feeling a little beat up at the moment, so I may just take it easy.

For some dumb reason yesterday, which was supposed to be a rest day, ended up being two 4 milers. Looks like I'll make 200 for Dec after all.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

The King of Beasts

I got more miles in November than I though I would (quite a dumb idea cause it took me longer to recover from Monkey).  I have 4 days left in the year, including today, and 72 miles to run.  Not too crazy. should make for about 505 in december.

Good luck to all.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

I took off 10 days after DS24 - I said I would not run until my body felt good again ... Fuck that, my body hurt more with each passing day that I did not run ... drank beer and ater Christmas shit.

It still hurts - but at least I can blame a workout (at least a little) - I started weight lifting again - Hopefully that will make my hips, knees and hamstrings feel better.  Plus fat hurts - 220# again.  Oh and I have the flu today - feels like a truck hit me.

I may hit 250 in December ~ only 210 miles short of goal (6,240 ~ 120 a week for the year)

Next year my goal is to run less than 5,000 miles ~ I hope I can hit that.

I got more miles in November than I though I would (quite a dumb idea cause it took me longer to recover from Monkey).  I have 4 days left in the year, including today, and 72 miles to run.  Not too crazy. should make for about 505 in december.

Good luck to all.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Just cleared the 2000 hurdle.

That won't stop me from running again this evening though.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

This week has been an epic fail.  I thought I'd get a ton of running in on this trip but it's turned into a bust for various reasons.  Instead of coasting through I have 2 days to get 30 miles.  Time to cinch up and get down to business.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I have 10 miles to go.   Wanted to run more today and yesterday, but had a good time seeing people, skiing (despite the stupid, repetitive annoyingness of indoor snow and indoor people), sleeping, eating, playing stupid games and not being selfish.  Mr Hoppity/The Turtle Moves didn't want to run today (something about tired legs or some such shit) but wants to run 10 tomorrow so we'll do that together and that makes the 2468.  I guess I could run more, but may as well stick with a pretty number (although maybe bigger is better...but we're back to me getting into selfish-running-wife issues then).  The turtle hasn't been logging, but I'd guess he's run 800 miles this year, he's said he wants 1500 next year.

Like many others, I'm all of a sudden seeing myself within striking distance. 1 day to go and <7 miles to go. Very doable.

Hops and Slo- nice job getting out there and getting it done in the final week.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

150 miles to go. 36 hours. Hmmmm....