3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2013 Racing Thread (Read 68 times)

kcam

5/4 - spaniel - Indy Mini Marathon - sub-1:15

Two weeks prior to my marathon...kind of close, we will see how it goes.

I'd boycott any race that just can't come out and put the galdurn distance in the title. Mini Marathon!  Ahh, the heck with it ... good luck.

Feeling the growl again

I'd boycott any race that just can't come out and put the galdurn distance in the title. Mini Marathon!  Ahh, the heck with it ... good luck.

I agree...I hate the term "mini marathon"...like trying to say it is somehow a marathon when it is not.  A "mini marathon" should be one with like <50 runners that is actually 26.2 miles long.

What I hate more is when people in the area re-purpose it to apply to other HMs.  Angry

I'm left with few options if I want to squeeze a HM into my spring schedule.  There is a local one I am boycotting after last year's fiasco, and a nice one in Nashville I just can't get myself to travel for this year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

5/18 -- troyw -- Ogden Marathon <3:15:00

xhristopher

I agree...I hate the term "mini marathon"...

Stupid term. I thought it was a 5K until I looked it up.

A mini marathon should be a marathon with not so many runners.

bhearn

Yeah. Since we have ultramarathons, races shorter than marathon are inframarathons, not mini marathons.

Yeah. Since we have ultramarathons, races shorter than marathon are inframarathons, not mini marathons.

Thank you.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I am absolutely stealing this, all the while being ashamed I did not think of it on my own.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

C-R

5/4 - 500 Festival Indy Mini HM Indy <1:30 right now but adjustable down based on the other HM's preceding.

Mini - seriously sounds like a group of Cooper enthusiasts getting together on a Sat for a ride. FFS.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

As a result of peer pressure I'll be doing the Mini as well as the Carmel HM and Geist HM. With 3 tries I ought to be able to get one right, yes?

5/4 - WhoDatRunner - 500 Festival Mini-Marathon (HM) - Indianapolis, IN - <1:50

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

As a result of peer pressure I'll be doing the Mini as well as the Carmel HM and Geist HM. With 3 tries I ought to be able to get one right, yes?

5/4 - WhoDatRunner - 500 Festival Mini-Marathon (HM) - Indianapolis, IN - <1:50

bwahahahahahaha. the evil plan is working.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

5/25  Grand Union Canal Race   Birmingham to London  145 miles  Goal: sub 31 hours

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

5/26 Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival 50 miler - New Gloucester, ME.

I genuinely have no freakin clue for a goal time yet. I've done one other 50 (in 2011), on a much rootier and rockier more technical course, and ran 10:07. This course is far less technical, therefore easier, but unrelentingly rolling, therefore harder. I ran the 25k on the same course last year, but that doesn't help much, either. My training will be better for this one than it was for the other 50, but if it doesn't ever stop fucking snowing I might not get much time on the trails beforehand. I dunno.

So, blah blah blah, for now I'll say sub 9:00.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

5/6 -- Roth Runner -- Ted Pepper Memorial 10k sub 34:48 (PR)

Mainly off road so may be a bit optimistic with this one, we'll see how I have recovered from the Marathon Debacle....

kcam

5/6 -- Roth Runner -- Ted Pepper Memorial 10k sub 34:48 (PR)

Mainly off road so may be a bit optimistic with this one, we'll see how I have recovered from the Marathon Debacle....

Good luck!

Your post made me think about my own 10K coming up May 27th.  I put down 37:30 and now I'm thinking that time is very much of a longshot. Saying I've got some work to do would be an understatement. Thanks for the reminder.

#artbydmcbride

5/5 Ileneforward - Cinco de Mayo half marathon   2:00  2:10

5/11 Ileneforward - Wine Country half marathon   2:10  2:15

5/18 Ileneforward - Magic Shoe 5k - 25    28

5/27 Ileneforward - Laguna Hills Memorial day half marathon  2:00  2:08

I am still struggling with this sore hamstring, so these are at least more likely times.

Runners run