3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2013 Racing Thread (Read 68 times)

Yes, I just ran six races in six weeks, but Boston was the goal race, and it came first. Everything else is just for fun. 

I have felt like I was on the verge of breaking through to the next level -- since 2009! Something always gets in the way. I think if I could knock out a completely solid marathon training cycle for once, with no injuries, and finally get my weight below 160, then yes, I would easily get under 2:55, maybe better.

Fun Big grin, but two races of 73+ miles in less than 60 days.  73 miles 3 weeks from Boston...

2/2/2013 Run

Rocky Raccoon

Race 100.0 mi 21:51:26 13:07 24.2  
    3/10/2013 Run

River CIty 50k

Race 33.7 mi 4:38:46 8:17 43.2  
    3/23/2013 Run

Dizzy Daze 12-hour

Race 73.9 mi 11:57:18 9:43 35.6  
    4/15/2013 Run

Boston Marathon

Race 26.2 mi 2:58:14 6:48 54.2  

You know, honestly I just don't get all the "can't unsee that" reaction. Really, that bad?? It's not like we runners are a modest lot anyway. At Bay to Breakers pretty much anything goes, and I can recommend running like this wholeheartedly to anyone. It's very liberating and a total blast, and in this context perfectly socially acceptable. Maybe I'm weird, but if anyone else here did something like that, I would want to see the pictures.

I lived in San Francisco for many years. My only critique is that the sequins are a bit dressy for a daytime event.

You know, honestly I just don't get all the "can't unsee that" reaction. Really, that bad?? It's not like we runners are a modest lot anyway. At Bay to Breakers pretty much anything goes, and I can recommend running like this wholeheartedly to anyone. It's very liberating and a total blast, and in this context perfectly socially acceptable. Maybe I'm weird, but if anyone else here did something like that, I would want to see the pictures.

Yeah!  I thought you looked dreamy.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

OK, I'm not definite until the sitter confirms ... but bhearn's picture reminded me of my upcoming race's name:

5/10 - CliveF - Bare Bones 5k - Salisbury NC - Goal = sub-19

5/25 - CliveF - Bare Bones 5k - Salisbury NC - Goal = sub-19

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

Yeah!  I thought you looked dreamy.

I think everyone thought this, but most aren't secure enough to admit it.  Big grin

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I think everyone thought this, but most aren't secure enough to admit it.  Big grin

Undoubtedly.

steph  

kcam

Hey!  I resemble that remark, I've worn a pink shirt to work before, ya know ...Joking

5/22 - Roth Runner - Parkland Relay - Richmond Park, London ~3miles, Goal: 16:45

Not sure of the terrain or the hills in this one - I just to run a decent leg.

bhearn

Well that's what I will choose to believe. Smile

I waited until I got home to open the B2B pic.  Nice shoes! Smile

C-R

Since my boys aren't allowed to know about this place, I will post for them.

Rayn Campbell - Sub 26 Clay Middle School 5k 5/21 - Result 26:10

Patrick Campbell - Sub 21:45 New PR Clay Middle School 5k 5/21 - Result 19:22

I am very proud of my two 12 year old boys. And I better get to work and quick.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Since my boys aren't allowed to know about this place, I will post for them.

Rayn Campbell - Sub 26 Clay Middle School 5k 5/21 - Result 26:10

Patrick Campbell - Sub 21:45 New PR Clay Middle School 5k 5/21 - Result 19:22

I am very proud of my two 12 year old boys. And I better get to work and quick.

Yeah, but they know I exist, which is almost as bad.

Tell them good job from me; tell Patrick that he just beat my best time as a freshman (which was a minute faster than my second best time as a freshman).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Yeah, but they know I exist, which is almost as bad.

Tell them good job from me; tell Patrick that he just beat my best time as a freshman (which was a minute faster than my second best time as a freshman).

I'll pass it along. After I go run some more.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

I'll pass it along. After I go run some more.

Scratch that, I'm getting so old my memory is failing.

He beat my SOPHOMORE (15-yr-old) PR.

Of course I dropped 2min the next year, so he has some work to do...but if this lights the fire under his ass he's likely got a lot more potential than I did.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Of course I dropped 2min the next year, so he has some work to do...but if this lights the fire under his ass he's likely got a lot more potential than I did.

He's got the work ethic so its a start. Off for another couple of laps.