3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2013 Racing Thread (Read 68 times)

I think everyone thought this, but most aren't secure enough to admit it. 
    Big grin

And, well, everyone who made the comments like that intentionally clicked to see the pictures.  I smell shame.

Since my boys aren't allowed to know about this place, I will post for them.

Rayn Campbell - Sub 26 Clay Middle School 5k 5/21 - Result 26:10

Patrick Campbell - Sub 21:45 New PR Clay Middle School 5k 5/21 - Result 19:22

I am very proud of my two 12 year old boys. And I better get to work and quick.

You're proud of them.  I'm afraid of them.  That's awesome.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

I just tried to add this to the list of races--this can't be the right date.

It took me almost two minutes to realize that.  I have graded too many exams.

OK, I'm not definite until the sitter confirms ... but bhearn's picture reminded me of my upcoming race's name:

5/10 - CliveF - Bare Bones 5k - Salisbury NC - Goal = sub-19

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

5/22 - Roth Runner - Parkland Relay - Richmond Park, London ~3miles, Goal: 16:45

Not sure of the terrain or the hills in this one - I just to run a decent leg.

Mission accomplished.  Good solid run and a pretty even effort.  The leg was actually 2.79 miles according to Mr Garmin, so I'm happy with 15:36.  It was all off road and up and down so this was a real confidence booster!

Walk-Jogger

Mission accomplished.  Good solid run and a pretty even effort.  The leg was actually 2.79 miles according to Mr Garmin, so I'm happy with 15:36.  It was all off road and up and down so this was a real confidence booster!

Congrats, Roth. Nice to beat a goal so decisively!

Retired &  Loving It

kcam

Nice run Robin.  What's your running focus for the next few months?

I just tried to add this to the list of races--this can't be the right date.

It took me almost two minutes to realize that.  I have graded too many exams.

Oops.  That should be:

5/25 - CliveF - Bare Bones 5k - Salisbury NC - Goal = sub-19

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Nice run Robin.  What's your running focus for the next few months?

Hi Ken,

I'm just going to race a bit more over the summer and see where it gets me.  I've got 2 x 3k's, a 5k and a 10k all on the track in the next 5 weeks.  I'll be running in track spikes for the first time next week, that should be interesting!  I might even do a 1500m / 3000m double next week....

Good luck in the 10k on Monday, I'm hoping you continue your PR streak....

I've got 2 x 3k's, a 5k and a 10k all on the track in the next 5 weeks.  I'll be running in track spikes for the first time next week, that should be interesting!  I might even do a 1500m / 3000m double next week....

Sounds like an eventful 5 weeks!  FWIW, the only one I see lining up the racing schedule in June is Ilene.  Let's see those goal times...

5/23 - pfetro - Chase Corporate Challenge - 3.5 Mile - Chicago, IL - sub 20

19:10 and 14th OA.  Happy with this one...first real race in 2.5+ years

an amazing likeness

Not sure where GregC's post is...but 50 miles at Pineland is gonna suck tomorrow  -- it's been raining for 4 days and nights, the temp right now is 44F and falling, and the wind is howling out of the north at 20 - 25mph.

Ouch.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

19:10 and 14th OA.  Happy with this one...first real race in 2.5+ years

Nice run BTW.  Quite impressive considering the crowds that you had to navigate.  Hopefully this marks the beginning of some good racing yet to come this year!

pfetro and Roth Runner, great racing to you both!

Good luck to GregC in the rain.  Nothing like mud and rain to complicate a race, especially an ultra.

Anyone know if we'll have updates from WrigleyGirl until the 135 miler is all said and done?

Emil Zatopek

bhearn

Anyone know if we'll have updates from WrigleyGirl until the 135 miler is all said and done?

Updates over in the swamp:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/forum/5c395224bd7640a9891e650b24c37af5/0

jesshh.. pfetro.. way to make a (re)entrance to racing. That was impressive.

And we run because we like it
                              Through the broad bright land

Oops.  That should be:

5/25 - CliveF - Bare Bones 5k - Salisbury NC - Goal = sub-19

19:08, unofficially.  It was a well-run race; I left no (major) doubt.

MTA: "official" unofficial results have me rounded to 19:09.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau