3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2013 Racing Thread (Read 68 times)

Great job guys. Lots of good results this weekend.

Very happy with my first marathon. 3:16:18 and a BQ -5. Would have been nice to break 3;15:00, but I left nothing on the course.

I was surprised how rough the last couple of miles were. That "almost there" crap doesn't help. And my ARMS are sore. WTF?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Very happy with my first marathon. 3:16:18 and a BQ -5. Would have been nice to break 3;15:00, but I left nothing on the course.

I was surprised how rough the last couple of miles were. That "almost there" crap doesn't help. And my ARMS are sore. WTF?

Nice job on your first marathon. I'd love to be able to BQ on my first try.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Thanks! I turn 45 in july, so I benefitted from the jump in qualifying times right there.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats!

mta;  Ha ha- the husband an I spent the afternoon in Athens yesterday.  Absolutely beautiful day

it was here in GA.  Tres Leches Cake at Last Resort.

steph  

Congrats!

mta;  Ha ha- the husband an I spent the afternoon in Athens yesterday.  Absolutely beautiful day

it was here in GA.  Tres Leches Cake at Last Resort.

Nice! We need to get back there some time, lately we always seem to land at Trappeze where our dining experience mostly invovlves beer. Cool

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice! We need to get back there some time, lately we always seem to land at Trappeze where our dining experience mostly invovlves beer. Cool

Ha ha.  My oldest son worked his way through undergrad and grad school working at Trappeze...

steph  

Walk-Jogger

Great job on your first marathon! Will there be more of them in your running future?

Retired &  Loving It

Great job on your first marathon! Will there be more of them in your running future?

Absolutely. Already looking at a fall race. This was my favorote distance yet, and I want to see what I can do with it over the next few years.

Absolutely. Already looking at a fall race. This was my favorote distance yet, and I want to see what I can do with it over the next few years.

Awesome work, Matt. But marathon being your favorite distance, unfortunately means you are disturbed. But you probably knew that already.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Awesome work, Matt. But marathon being your favorite distance, unfortunately means you are disturbed. But you probably knew that already.

Yeah, it's too late at this point to do anything but enjoy the ride.

Wow.. very nice! And that final mile was amazing.

...Better than an Angel Pagan walk-off, inside-the-park homerun.

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

kcam

Congratulations on a GREAT first marathon.

Mission accomplished.  Good solid run and a pretty even effort.  The leg was actually 2.79 miles according to Mr Garmin, so I'm happy with 15:36.  It was all off road and up and down so this was a real confidence booster!

Wow.  Impressive time, esp. on that terrain.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

19:10 and 14th OA.  Happy with this one...first real race in 2.5+ years

Yowzer!  Nice comeback.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Strong running, Umlaut!  That's the way to feel when you cross the line.

-- Dick LeBeau