3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Well so much (Read 664 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

To date, nobody has puked in the beer mile here.  Though rabutler looked close to it.

Just because my stomach is incapable of holding 48 ounces of beer does not mean I was going to puke. That's my story. I'm sticking to it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Well with all this talk I have come to a decision. I am NOT running the marathon I signed up for December 10th. Instead I'm doing a 5k/10k winter series. I'll be adding interval work out twice a week (weather permitting) starting next week. While doing that I'll be slowly building my mileage back up. In January I'll get back to the back to back long runs and interval work will be out however I'll get back to the out and backs/pcr's that have been a staple for the past few months. I'll race my 50 in March and if I'm lucky I'll be able to race a marathon Mid May.  Now just gotta figure out how this is going to work. It may not be optimal training for shorter races however I do believe I can get it to work for my 50 miler and my marathon in May

MTA: I'll get to my shorter races when I can stop signing up for the longer ones lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

Just try to be the best 5k-marathon runner you can be - Once or twice a month do a workout more geared toward 50 miler - It will fall into place better than you think.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Just try to be the best 5k-marathon runner you can be - Once or twice a month do a workout more geared toward 50 miler - It will fall into place better than you think.

I hope so and THANKS DB!!  

BTW not sure I mentioned it earlier but I really hope your Hamstring gets better 100% or as close as it can!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

Thanks - I feel pretty possitive about it right now. 

I think it has been a blessing as I can do the right speed for each workout - But I can only do 75% of the normal volume and ... it has led me to conclude that I was over doing all of my speed workouts.  I have not felt this good or made this kind of rapid improvement ... ever.

Damn it!  I am sure I just jinxed myself!  

I hope so and THANKS DB!!  

BTW not sure I mentioned it earlier but I really hope your Hamstring gets better 100% or as close as it can!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Thanks - I feel pretty possitive about it right now. 

I think it has been a blessing as I can do the right speed for each workout - But I can only do 75% of the normal volume and ... it has led me to conclude that I was over doing all of my speed workouts.  I have not felt this good or made this kind of rapid improvement ... ever.

Damn it!  I am sure I just jinxed myself!  

well I knocked on some wood for ya k!  

That's great to hear! Sometimes we need our bodies to act up and MAKE us listen!

C-R

I get a feeling that DB's going to have a good 2012 racing season. Nice to see.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I get a feeling that DB's going to have a good 2012 racing season. Nice to see.

+1,000

well did 4x1mile with 2:10 recovery jog.  Didn't have a set pace since I didn't know how hamstring would deal. 2:10 is probably too long of a recovery but I'm not really sure how to run thes. I seem to do things by the "seat of my pants' 

Kinda looks like my  recent 4 X1 miler  - running by the seat of my pants too.

Hawt and sexy

So, what's with the speedwork during base phase? You following a Tinman base plan or what?

I'm touching your pants.

So, what's with the speedwork during base phase? You following a Tinman base plan or what?

actually thinking of doing one of the 18 week plans from Advanced marathoning. I'm 20 weeks I believe from my 50 miler. It's got me doing speedwork from the get go so doing one or two speed workouts before it starts isn't going to make or break me. Today was all about checking out hamstring and enjoying myself! And who knows maybe it will help a tiny bit come my 10k on Dec 11th Smile

btw when I see tinman I can't help but think of wizard of oz. Maybe I should check this ole tinman out

MTA: I did go out and do 4 slow miles a few hours after to make up for this mornings speed work. Hope I didn't do it too fast cause I broke a dam snap on my garmin when I was washing it earlier and didn't know it until I started running. Stopped tried to fix it. Ended up putting the little plastic piece in my sock lol I actually had a hr on my monitor a few times

Feeling the growl again

well did 4x1mile with 2:10 recovery jog.  Didn't have a set pace since I didn't know how hamstring would deal. 2:10 is probably too long of a recovery but I'm not really sure how to run thes. I seem to do things by the "seat of my pants' 

Depending on what pace you ran them, 2:10 could be a pretty short recovery.  When I run them at 8K-10K pace (say 5:00-5:20 depending on my conditioning) I take 3min recovery.  If you are taking say 6-7min/repeat with that recovery I can't see you running them at 8K-10K pace.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Dude, step away from tinman. And which Advanced Marathoning version you got? You know he assumes you have already done a base phase, right? If I recall, Pfitz is OK with tempos in base for elites, but not intervals. Now, as for the definition of elites....

I'm touching your pants.

Dude, step away from tinman. And which Advanced Marathoning version you got? You know he assumes you have already done a base phase, right? If I recall, Pfitz is OK with tempos in base for elites, but not intervals. Now, as for the definition of elites....

don't worry I will. I think I've got the 2nd edition (the most recent)  Anyway I'm training for a 50 miler not looking to qualify for the olympics.  I'm an experiment of 1. What I do may not work for everyone, crap it may not work for me BUT I'm listening to my body and says it's time to start some REAL training. Oh and today's interval pace was more of a tempo effort maybe a bit slower. It takes me a few weeks to figure things out before I can actually do things the way I need too