3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Ultra talk (Read 738 times)

obsessor

why not good beer and fried food during the race?

Feeling the growl again

I hope you guys kick some ass.

I was serious about all the ultra talk earlier in this thread.  However with all the issues I encountered this thing, I think a 24hr run would be about the dumbest thing I could do this year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

So your in? 

I hope you guys kick some ass.

I was serious about all the ultra talk earlier in this thread.  However with all the issues I encountered this thing, I think a 24hr run would be about the dumbest thing I could do this year.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

So your in? 

Haha.  I'm in for the beer afterwards, how's that?  I may be convinced to crew in Cleveland.  I can't see myself running though.  I'm getting the feeling I have forever fucked myself through hard training of the past and I will never be the same....I don't have many fast years left....but plenty of time to fuck around with other ridiculous adventures....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Purdey

Self anointed title

this is going to be Fun.

how you feeling Purdey ?

Hi mate. Feeling fat, old and injured - but ready to rock. I haven't done any training - but there is still like 12 weeks to go right? Seriously - my goal has now shifted to completing within the cut off - I think that is still a respectable aim. To be honest, I am just really looking forward to being out there, experiencing an amazing race and meeting you guys.

Purdey

Self anointed title

yup. are you?

Yup. How about a competition to see who can have the highest body fat % by Aug 18th?

DoppleBock

24 is about shuffling slow ... repeat - fast has nothing to do with it

Haha.  I'm in for the beer afterwards, how's that?  I may be convinced to crew in Cleveland.  I can't see myself running though.  I'm getting the feeling I have forever fucked myself through hard training of the past and I will never be the same....I don't have many fast years left....but plenty of time to fuck around with other ridiculous adventures....

DoppleBock

+1 

I am just really looking forward to being out there, experiencing an amazing race and meeting you guys.

Feeling the growl again

+1 

I am just really looking forward to being out there, experiencing an amazing race and meeting you guys.

I guess I could come out and shoot something in the middle of the course for you to fuel up....

Purdey

Self anointed title

Can you carry a portable BBQ with you? Thanks. Oh.... and a cooler for the beer. 'Prec.

Feeling the growl again

Can you carry a portable BBQ with you? Thanks. Oh.... and a cooler for the beer. 'Prec.

A case of beer may be doable, the shotgun with 20-round drum mag is heavy so the BBQ probably not.

You shouldn't need a BBQ though.  Everyone knows that real runners eat raw meat and sleep naked in the snow.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

obsessor

Hi mate. Feeling fat, old and injured - but ready to rock. I haven't done any training - but there is still like 12 weeks to go right? Seriously - my goal has now shifted to completing within the cut off - I think that is still a respectable aim. To be honest, I am just really looking forward to being out there, experiencing an amazing race and meeting you guys.

Ok... in this case my goal will be to get in shape enough to mule some ale with us on the trail. Let's have some fun out there. ... Or, can we leave it in drop bags at the aid stations? I am thinking homebrew in used 2-liter plastic soda bottles.

The main thing is going to be taking care of the feet. The beer should help with that.

Ostrich runner

A case of beer may be doable, the shotgun with 20-round drum mag is heavy so the BBQ probably not.

You shouldn't need a BBQ though.  Everyone knows that real runners eat raw meat and sleep naked in the snow.

Okay...I gotta play with that.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Okay...I gotta play with that.

This was the project I threw myself into in order to maintain my sanity while I could not run...this and a dock to serve as the steeple jump during the beer steeple.