3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June 2014 Race Thread (Read 41 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

16:47 and 2OA for some prize money. Plus got to see mgerwn bring it home nicely. Definitely a solid morning, and I can go faster I'm sure.

Thanks, Kevin - heard from some spectators you came in strong down that hill too - nice job.

26;40 for me net time (26:59 gun - phew!)

That start was a real CF, though - they really need to make a better effort next year to try and line people up by expected pace - especially with almost 1000 runners and walkers there.  15 rows back and I was having to dodge walkers in the first quarter mile.

Other than that I agree - definitely a well organized race, tons of food and lots of good raffle prizes.

NEXT:

6/7/14 Hartford CT - Race For The Cure - 5K - No goal time - running with my friend's daughter, while her mom does run-walk with my son.

6/14/14 - East Hartford, CT - Color In Motion 5K - Get colorful and don't choke on the powder.

6/15/14 - Branford, CT - Branford 5 Miler - <44:00

Feeling the growl again

16:47 and 2OA for some prize money. Plus got to see mgerwn bring it home nicely. Definitely a solid morning, and I can go faster I'm sure.

Congrats!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

spaniel - 6/5 - Monumental Mile - 4:55 and not break anything

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Have you recruited any fast twitch fibers lately?  It will be a rude awakening.

Feeling the growl again

I tried to prepare then this morning.  it was not pretty.

Have you recruited any fast twitch fibers lately?  It will be a rude awakening.

C-R

Oh shit. Monumental Mile tonight. Goal <6 forget that stay under  60 sec differential with spaniel and not get dropped by my kid who's running the eat behind us geezers.

Did I say oh shit?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

haha.. sounds like fun.

good luck

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

Walk-Jogger

Monumental Mile, was live  HERE

But it's over now.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Nothing broken, but I only ran 5:01.  No excuses but given the way the past week has gone overall this could have been a lot worse.  Actually ran it decently with a strong (for me) kick, 72-77-77-75, I just didn't start kicking far enough out and hit a modest top end speed and just couldn't go faster.  After 200m only 1 guy passed me.

Walk-Jogger

SpanieI, I watched the live broadcast of your race, but they didn't show much of it; I saw the start, but then they went away to do other stuff and didn't make it back to the finish line until well after 5 minutes on the finish line clock. Were you close to the front at the start line?

And congratulations, 5:01 is a decent starting point. That's 8 seconds faster than my best ever mile.

Retired &  Loving It

C-R

Oh shit. Monumental Mile tonight. Goal <6 forget that stay under  60 sec differential with spaniel and not get dropped by my kid who's running the eat behind us geezers.

Did I say oh shit?

5:34 I think. Official time wasn't posted yet and frankly I was losing focus as the blood was leaving my head getting to the finish line.

Patrick ran a 5:30.

Spent some good time with spaniel.

Basically this was an evening well spent.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Nice running tonight guys.  Hopefully it was one of those attempts where you made it "hurt".  Lately, I think I would find that point in about 800m.

Walk-Jogger

Nice work - congrats, CR, and to your son and of course Spaniel. I got glimpses of each of your races on the live web feed, but they didn't show the much of the finish line action, oddly.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

SpanieI, I watched the live broadcast of your race, but they didn't show much of it; I saw the start, but then they went away to do other stuff and didn't make it back to the finish line until well after 5 minutes on the finish line clock. Were you close to the front at the start line?

And congratulations, 5:01 is a decent starting point. That's 8 seconds faster than my best ever mile.

I was right on the line to my left side, opposite side of where the camera was.  White singlet with green stripes and green shorts.  A huge group of guys blew by me and I caught about a third of them over the course of the race.

I had fun but it's kind of tough as well.  As sucky as my 4:36 PR is compared to some of my others, I was the first non-pro in that race.  But I am also a big marshmallow right now and have a lot of work to do in order to earn such a performance again.

C-R was the champ today.  Damn what a race.  I asked him when the last time he ran a mile that fast was and he said "probably high school".

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

5:34 I think. Official time wasn't posted yet and frankly I was losing focus as the blood was leaving my head getting to the finish line.

Patrick ran a 5:30.

Spent some good time with spaniel.

Basically this was an evening well spent.

Congratilations C-R!

steph