3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June 2014 Race Thread (Read 41 times)

C-R

Awesome Cecil. The mile was this weeks flavor and it tastes good.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Brilliant mile Cecil!

kcam

Awesome Cecil. The mile was this weeks flavor and it tastes good.

It sure does taste good!  I haven't had mine yet but it's coming.

Sorry, CR - I missed your race.  'Twas a good one.  I have a feeling that you've seen your closest finish to your son, though.  He's gonna get faster a lot quicker than you will.   That might be the only case you'll be completely satisfied to see one of your 'competitors' keep getting better than you!

Here's to a summer of great Miling!

Walk-Jogger

Thank you. MBehr, CR and Roth!

CR, one of my unwritten motivations was to try to meet or beat your mile time from the Monumental mile this week .  You ran a great race  there . . .

Retired &  Loving It

5:24, New PR, New M55+  race record, and fastest mile  I've run in over 25 years.

I only have minutes left on the parking meter and I still have to drive home so will keep this short.

(edit - I meant to say that's a new PR since I started running again at age 52. My lifetime PR was a 5:09 at age 32)

Fantastic, congratulations!

an amazing likeness

Add in another race for me tomorrow:

6/8 - Lime Rock Park 5K, Lakeville, CT - <26:00.  Two laps on a race car track.  I think it's a Trans Am or Sprint Cup track, not sure though - I know there are a lot of turns and a couple straightaways.

Dude...it's Lime Rock! Paul Newman's home track! Sam Posey's home track. IMSA legend. It's got hills.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

cheeseburger, 06/08, Columbus 10K, OH, Goal: <45:00, Result: 44:24, PR - 6th in age group

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

C-R

Thank you. MBehr, CR and Roth!

CR, one of my unwritten motivations was to try to meet or beat your mile time from the Monumental mile this week .  You ran a great race  there . . .

Hahahaha. I love it. Virtual motivation via the internet.

All comers track meet is Thursday but its 1600.

Oh and I will run 100, 400 and perhaps that damn 800 as well.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Hahahaha. I love it. Virtual motivation via the internet.

All comers track meet is Thursday but its 1600.

Oh and I will run 100, 400 and perhaps that damn 800 as well.

6/12 - spaniel - Zionsville All-Comer's - 1600m - 4:55

I'd do more but I want to run my girls in the 400m so it will be a family affair.  If I want to run it every week I can't over-work DW too much.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Add in another race for me tomorrow:

6/8 - Lime Rock Park 5K, Lakeville, CT - <26:00.  Two laps on a race car track.  I think it's a Trans Am or Sprint Cup track, not sure though - I know there are a lot of turns and a couple straightaways.

25:31, 1AG, First time ever, even placing at all.  With just 2 in the 40-49 group, guess it pays to show up at the smaller races.  Age group winners all got a pint glass with the race logo as reward for placing, so it was well worth it.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Dude...it's Lime Rock! Paul Newman's home track! Sam Posey's home track. IMSA legend. It's got hills.

You couldn't have mentioned this *before* the race ? I was not expecting that - I'm glad the 14 yo ahead of me was out of earshot when I came up to that hill. And I had completely forgotten Newman used to race there. That just bumped the cool factor for me.

Not sure what it will be this week but I have two options:

Day: 6/14

Event: High Cliff Triathlon

Option 1: Run portion of the Half Iron Relay (13.1 mi)

Goal: Ran 1:18:09 last year.  Not bad for a trail run.  Will be shooting for <1:18 this year.

Option 2: Sprint Distance Triathlon (1/4 mi swim, 22 mi bike, 5k run)

Goal: No idea.  Haven't freestyle swam for distance since 2009.  I'm fine on the bike and run.  Maybe <1:25.

The other 2/3rd of my relay team is likely going to bail on me so my options are wide open.  There are a few others that I can recruit to fill the relay spots but frankly I have this crazy notion of going for option 2.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

25:31, 1AG, First time ever, even placing at all.  With just 2 in the 40-49 group, guess it pays to show up at the smaller races.  Age group winners all got a pint glass with the race logo as reward for placing, so it was well worth it.

WTG Mike! Saw the pint glass on FB. Very cool. Hope you got it filled with something good post race.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

bhearn

Big Basin 50K, 6/8

Goal: < 4:53 (last year's time)

May be tough.

Last long run before WS.

Ran 4:43, 3OA. Very happy with this. Ready to taper!

kcam

Ran 4:43, 3OA. Very happy with this. Ready to taper!

Congrats.  Rest up for WS.  BTW, Big Basin 50K is pretty much the Skline-to-the-Sea trail, isn't it?  Beautiful place to run.  I tried to get Spaniel to fall for that one run part of that one when he was out here but logistics couldn't be made to work.