3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Kicking ass and taking names (Read 530 times)

Feeling the growl again

This week is just about getting over the soreness from running a marathon and not running for a few weeks.  That is all.  It's almost gone.  Tonight I went for an easy 10.25 miles.  I had a little residual soreness in some smaller stabilization muscles, nowhere else now.  Good.  I was also keeping form in mind, playing a little bit with trying to feel quick again even though I wasn't running quick (6;50ish).  The last couple miles I started to feel spry, so slowly I let the stride open up and sped up a bit.  By the last few hundred yards I was well sub-6, floating and feeling good and strong.

I wasn't racing, I didn't kick anyone's ass.  But I felt great and it was a good first step towards real training.  Towards really kicking some ass.

If you have a great workout, or a great race, and you feel like you put the hammer down and accomplished something post it here.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Sometimes when you are not "Working hard" and just running like you did it is the enjoyment that fuels future hard efforts.  I have been taking joy in running a lot lately - Not setting the world on fire, but having a lot of really nice runs. 

Here is to loving to run!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Hawt and sexy

Random internet surfing leads to good info about running. This info leads to motivation.

Plans, I haz 'em. heh

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran most of two speedwork sessions one after another last night. Left me sore, but felt good through most of it. It was all unplanned, and quite fun. Plus I feel accomplished.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Queen of 3rd Place

That's great news, I'm glad you're feeling better, spaniel.

Well it's no big deal but I surprised myself at a mud-run kind of thing a couple weeks ago. Felt old and stiff and uneasy about the rodent-hole-infested course. Next thing I know I'm floating over the course and flying past people left and right. Not sure where that came from but it was a ton of fun and felt great. After that I'm thinking maybe 2011 is my year to kick some AG butt around this town. 

Shit this is not meeting the quota for talking about drinking. 

mta who the hell I'm glad is feeling better

Ex runner

DoppleBock

I am 10 days drinkless

Shit this is not meeting the quota for talking about drinking. 

Carl A

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

C-R

I am 10 days drinkless

Day 4 here but the damn Halloween candy is causing another issue.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

The King of Beasts

I am 10 days drinkless

this is not good news

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

I think its outstanding news - Other than a cranky ankle - training is coming along nicely. 

this is not good news

The King of Beasts

I think its outstanding news - Other than a cranky ankle - training is coming along nicely. 

oh yes, good news for you.

not such good news for those racing you in a few days.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

Just because I care for you so much, I will limit my taper to 6 days instead of my usual 14 days.

The King of Beasts

Just because I care for you so much, I will limit my taper to 6 days instead of my usual 14 days.

I will be offended if you pull your punch.

toe the line strong, and do me no favors. 

DoppleBock

I am walking the thin line of being well for Monkey and hitting 6,000 miles for the year

DoppleBock

I have been fighting an ankle injury all week - No idea of the event that causes it, but usually 2-3 miles into a run it losens up or at least the pain goes away.  This morning 8 painful miles into a 20 miler, I was done.

I am afraid that it might be a stress fracture as it was the bottom rim of the ankle, but the pain shoots beyond that area - We will see, but a forced taper begins now - I will keep running if I can - Just less miles than planned. 

I am walking the thin line of being well for Monkey and hitting 6,000 miles for the year