3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January 2014 Race Thread (Read 39 times)

Nice race Roth!  that monster base and the hard work in the last few months are still paying dividends. That's a good sign for what's to come.

The mile was fun last night.  There were only 5 or 6 of us running, so it strung out.  Officially came through in 4:51. Tried keeping things smooth and consistent. I just may have to go back next week and try again.

kcam

Robin - You may have surprised yourself but you didn't surprise me with that kind of race.  You have been on a nice roll.  Good work.

Mike, fist mile in a very long time - not too shabby at all!  I'm sure you'd run even better on the next one just from having the experience.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive       1/11     Savannah Rails to Trails 50K          50K         Savannah, GA        <6 hours

Garmin time 5:48:14.  17 minute PR.   But it was a very flat course.

The predicted rain held off but was still quite windy, chilly, foggy and humid.

A well run and organized race.

steph  

C-R

Three excellent race.

Well done mbehr on that dodgy hammy.

Roth - I get the feeling 2014 is going to be a hammer year for you

Tea - well done on the big PR. Who cares if its flat. Its 50 friggin K!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Fantastic, great race teaolive!
            kcam

Congratulations on the PR, TO!

Feeling the growl again

But but but but....WHO CARES????

You ran the distance, you clocked the time.  Awesome job!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Surprised myself with a 16:36 and a win this morning, took the lead about 2k in and pulled away from 3k to win fairly comfortably.

Very nice, RR!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

The mile was fun last night.  There were only 5 or 6 of us running, so it strung out.  Officially came through in 4:51. Tried keeping things smooth and consistent. I just may have to go back next week and try again.

mbehr - Congratulations speedy one!

steph  

Flat course, hilly course. Humid, rainy, sunny, etc. Similar to what Spaniel said. You ran the distance and clocked the time. Awesome job. I don't know how you long distance junkies do that stuff.

Nice!  You've got wheels, and I think you'll knock a few more seconds off second time round.

Great job, everybody. A great way to start the year.

xhristopher

Sub 3 at Disney turned out to be mission impossible. This was not because of the course or weather but due to the two week lead up I had, especially 4 days of vacation immediately prior. I learned a bit and am hungry and motivated to run well at Boston. In fact, I spent the last 10 miles of the race mapping that out. Now all I have to do is execute. Easier said than done. In the end I ran 3:16 and had a beer in had by 9am.

kcam

Orlando vacation .... tough on the pre-race routine!  Go get it in Boston, and don't make the same mistake - no walking the Freedom Trail and/or being on your feet all day Saturday and Sunday even though the wife may want to make the most of her "Boston Vacation"!

xhristopher

Orlando vacation .... tough on the pre-race routine!  Go get it in Boston, and don't make the same mistake - no walking the Freedom Trail and/or being on your feet all day Saturday and Sunday even though the wife may want to make the most of her "Boston Vacation"!

No worries there. Considering that I live 9 miles from the Boston finish line and this will be my 4th Boston I've got the routine down to a science. We hit the expo smartly on Saturday and my family stays home on Monday and watches the race on tv. I ride a nice coach to the start with the running club. None of that school bus then sitting on the ground stuff. It couldn't be better.