3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December stunts (Read 54 times)

Feeling the growl again

To celebrate the 2-year anniversary of the epic 2011 Hurtlocker stunt, the December Stunt is back.  So how are you going to challenge yourself?

C-R - 300 miles

Happyfeet - 201 miles, monthly PR

kmark - 272 miles, monthly PR

mgerwn - 176 miles, monthly PR

spaniel - 400 miles, lose > 5 pounds, validate with sub-16:40 first 5K in 2014

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Damn it spaniel.

Yehaw. December is coming.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Damn it spaniel stuntmaster

No stunting here...have different plans and am "experimenting" with training.

ohhh yeaa,   Dec '11 that was fun, more or less broke my pelvis, had to take 6 months or so to rehab.  So obviously count me in

Goal:  Most miles in a month ever - 272 miles.

C-R

Psst. Hey m. Don't tell anyone but I'm using this as a base for my goal marathon in April here in Carmel. Don't tell.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

ohhh yeaa,   Dec '11 that was fun, more or less broke my pelvis, had to take 6 months or so to rehab.  So obviously count me in

Hah. I see you've been hitting 60's. Good stuff.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Why do I keep clicking in here and reading this stuff?  Other than some strange need for self-flogging, that is.

It's not original, but what the hell.  Biggest month ever.  A measly 176 miles (minimum).

Somehow I feel like I've tried and failed at this before.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, I'm experimenting with actually training again.  Big grin

Unlike last time, this time I am gearing the stunt towards actually being productive training.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Will have 5-6 days of zero running but will take a shot at - 201 miles.

Cool Jump Suit

I'll shoot for 221 miles.

So bittersweet,
                      This tragedy
                      Won't ask for absolution;
                      This melody,
                      Inside of me,
                      Still searches for solution.
                      A twist of faith,
                      A change of heart
                      Cures my infatuation.
                      A broken heart, 
                      Provides the spark
                      For my determination.

kcam

I already have a stupid pet trick planned - Cal International Marathon.  Otherwise I'd be up for something even stupider.

Same here.  December may be my lowest mileage month of the year.  Stunting for me would be forcing myself to run <70 MPW the entire month to see if I can get some speed...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Haha!  The December '11' stunt is when I joined the Hurtlocker.  314.8 miles.

But I'm probably out of this one.  We'll see after Monkey / end of month.   My left leg and knee

hasn't been right in a while and I am a bit tired.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Same here.  December may be my lowest mileage month of the year.  Stunting for me would be forcing myself to run <70 MPW the entire month to see if I can get some speed...

Here's a stunt for you then. What's your best mile time? Beat it. We've done that one before too. Smile

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I'm tentative at this point - Peroneal tendon(s) just got messed up and running hurts.  If I can get that sorted in the next week I will be stunting - stunt is TBD but likley involving highish mileage.  If I can't get this sorted, I'll be cheering you idiots on from the bench