Annapolis, Maryland

Dog Days 8K (Read 86 times)

Gig

I haven't been doing much barefoot running lately, but I have been doing everything else barefoot as much as possible, including a quarter-mile walk from my car to work and back each day, and any other opportunity I can find to be barefoot. Truly barefoot, too--no VFFs or sandals, just my feet.

So I decided to run the Dog Days 8K "barefoot" (wearing my VFFs). I did it two years ago in them, and it had been my best time for that race to date. (I missed last year's race. Sad)

The race went really well, and I finished in under 42 minutes. I hadn't looked at past performances before the race because I wasn't trying to top anything. I haven't been running much, so I figured I'd be slow. When I checked my results this morning, I was surprised to see that I set a PR. Smile

I didn't have any trouble running in the Vibrams, but my calves are revolting today. Settle down, calves. It'll be okay.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice job. Congrats on the PR!

I really like that course -- traily but raceable trails, not technical and rooty. But I have to say, I got very tired on the hills this year.

I really enjoyed the Ritas afterward too Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.