Atlanta ING Marathon

Confidence Run (Read 299 times)

This morning's run was what I like to refer to as a "Confidence Run"... Nearly 3 hours of running, a little over 18 miles, through snow the entire way, including one climb up a "mountain" at the beginning (it's really just a big hill.) I even managed to push my pace down into the 7 and 8 minute range for the last few miles - on flats and downhills I got going as fast as 5:00 - 5:30 pace (still in the snow.) It was a lot of fun, and I felt great afterwards. Now all I need to do is build on that and not get injured...

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

...---...

... including one climb up a "mountain" at the beginning (it's really just a big hill.)
      their all about the same to me. inclines, hills, slopes, mountains...most all of them are equally daunting to me Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dgtray

Sounds like a great workout. I like it when I can get a training run in like you described. It does provide some confidence for training and racing.

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7

Good run. I did see runner's out yesterday just before the snow hit. But I didn't see any out all day today. I think we all huddled in the gym on treadmills. We aren't quite used to the bitter cold down here.
          USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
          BaldMike

I ran SUnday morning, 17 degrees with wind chill at 4 degrees. 20.08 miles in the worst conditions I have ever run in. But I got it done!
            PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.
              You have more stamina than me baldmike. Originally we had scheduled a group run for Sunday until it was cancelled due to weather forecasts. If the group run had happened I would have ran with them. But by myself, that treadmill looked really nice and comfy. Smile Both of you look like you should do just fine in the ING Georgia marathon.
              USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
              BaldMike

Thanks GaReb, but I think you have something extra to run on a treadmill. It takes a lot to get it done and run for miles on miles on a treadmill, I don't think I could. We don't have one, or I might have run on one yesterday.
                PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

Both of you look like you should do just fine in the ING Georgia marathon.
                  I'll probably be running it easy, since I'm taking the RRCA coaching certification the two days before the race (16 hour class) and then I'll be running with a buddy who had a stress fracture and couldn't do NY. Originally, I figured that I could get in the work for an easy 3 hours w/o much trouble, but I'm feeling good and could probably run a PR if my training doesn't get derailed between now and then. Oh well, that's why I signed up for Cox RI 5 weeks after ING Georgia...

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)