Atlanta ING Marathon

Welcome! (Read 421 times)

I mainly created this group so I could easily share workouts with the friends who are running the Half Marathon with me. This will be my first race longer than a 10K, so I want to make sure I can keep up! My long distance pace is around 8:30 on hills right now. If you have close to this, live in ATL, and would like a partner on long runs, send me an email! nd98powell@bellsouth.net
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hi Andy! I signed up for the full marathon a month ago. I don't know what to think about it because according to the website, it is one hilly course. I don't have any specific goals for this marathon. I'm running it as a training run for the Disney Marathon in January, as well as being able to check off another state on my quest to run in all 50 of them.
        Mile Collector, I haven't run the entire course, but it contains most of the Peachtree Road Race which is quite hilly, so come prepared! I'll probably run part of it during my training and I'll post my thoughts here. Happy running.

Imminent Catastrophe

I've done part of the course, the first 8 miles and the last few (Peachtree course). The first part is fairly flat and fast, you will start hitting the hills in the second half, especially thru downtown. I'm running the marathon this year, my wife the half. It will be cool to do the inaugural.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Well, I don't plan on running this again in the near future, so I'm dropping this group off of my list. Feel free to get my attention elsewhere if you think I should see something there! It was a fun race. Good luck to anybody that does it in 2009 or later.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)