Atlanta ING Marathon

Half Marathon Course (Read 252 times)

...---...

Hi all - couldn't sleep. So, I mapped out, albeit a little crude, this years 1/2 course - I was curious about the elevations. I added it to our map list. Are they serious? We're finishing the 1/2 race UP HILL??? ANyway, I think I got the streets right. If you see errors, please let me know. Cheers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks for doing that, Trey.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dgtray

Thanks for mapping the course. As I remember the course for the Run for Childrens 10K (they stopped running the race several years ago) finished on the same route. It is an uphill finish, but not too bad for Atlanta. I was looking at the calendar today and I need to get some quality long runs in the next 3-4 weeks to get ready for the race. I was sick right before the Tybee Half and I've taken a little easy since. It is almost March and the race will be here before we know it. Speaking of sick...it seems like half of the people at work are sick with the flu or something else.

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7