Atlanta ING Marathon

1 Week To Go (Read 368 times)

1 Week to Go... I fly in to Atlanta on Thursday. I assume that everybody got the notice that the expo moved to the Georgia Dome?

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

I didn't see that Blaine, thanks. No way I will switch to the full, the foot is still a problem and I have done very little training. It's nice in a way, not having that 26.2 mile ordeal ahead of me. Still, I wish I could have trained for it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Reading the reviews from last year, there were big lines at the expo on Saturday. Possibly, things will be different this year, since it's at the Georgia Dome, etc. But to be safe, I'm probably going to pick up my packet during the day Friday, if I can, to make sure I'm not standing around in long lines!

I don't have a choice but to do it Friday, as I'll be in class all day on Saturday.

Run to Win

dgtray

The lines at the expo were long on Friday last year too. I went by around lunch time which was probably a big mistake, since a lot of other people had the same idea. One way to save a little time is to already have your bib number before you head to the expo. I think we should get an email this week with the bib #.

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7

I think we should get an email this week with the bib #.
              Yeah, I hope it shows up soon, since I checked online and they just confirm your name and don't give you the bib number. I'm flying out early Thursday morning, so hopefully it shows up between now and then as I won't have time to get at it otherwise.

Run to Win

I am bib #129.

Run to Win

Imminent Catastrophe

Blaine, where did you get that? I haven't gotten any emails from them.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Blaine, where did you get that? I haven't gotten any emails from them.
                    I got my email last night that had the bib number, and a link to active where you could look up your registration. The link at active didn't actually find me though. Here's the top of the email, maybe you'll have better luck with the active side of it:
                    Dear BLAINE MOORE, Thank you for registering for the 2008 ING Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon. The race is around the corner and soon all your training will pay off! Important race day information and your bib number are included below. ============================ Your Bib Number is: 129 ============================ You are registered for the: Marathon Please note: Only one confirmation will be sent to each email address. If you registered additional participants using this email address you can click on the link below to confirm their registration and locate their bib number. You may search by the participant's first and last name: Click here to search for your registration http://www.active.com/uploads_search.cfm?upm_id=2614
                    Just checked it again and it found me this time! That's nice. There's 16 Russ's on there, maybe one is you?

Run to Win

dgtray

My confirmation email arrived today, so I'm good to go. Bib # 11100

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7

Imminent Catastrophe

I got my email last night that had the bib number, and a link to active where you could look up your registration. The link at active didn't actually find me though.
                        I got it today. Thanks for the heads-up, Blaine. Bib #12911. Yep, the half. Then I learned yesterday that I got shut out of the Twisted Ankle Half in May, procrastinated too long, and I love that race. D'oh!

dgtray

Picked up my packet today at lunch Friday and it was so much easier than last year. The bib numbers and time chips are close to the entry and there are people directing you on where to go. Also, if you aren't interested in the expo you aren't forced to walk down there. It took me about 10 minutes, and last year arriving about the same time took me over an hour. Hopefully the better organization will make packet pickup a breeze all weekend. Next up is hoping for a rain free race.

My buddy volunteered all day Saturday and he said it was much easier than last year. Everything was laid out better, there was more space for them, and there were a lot fewer people (around 2000 no shows.)

Run to Win

Picked up my packet today at lunch Friday and it was so much easier than last year. The bib numbers and time chips are close to the entry and there are people directing you on where to go. Also, if you aren't interested in the expo you aren't forced to walk down there. It took me about 10 minutes, and last year arriving about the same time took me over an hour. Hopefully the better organization will make packet pickup a breeze all weekend. Next up is hoping for a rain free race.
                              I worked that Friday night in the Mizuno area. Saturday they had moved the shirt pickup downstairs into the expo area to force people to pass through the expo. I guess two many people simply picked up their packets and shirts Friday night without visiting the expo. Wink
                              USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010