Atlanta ING Marathon

Less than a month away from race day...are you ready? (Read 299 times)

dgtray

I'm running the half, so I feel like I'm rady for a decent race. I ran the Tybee Island half in February while recovering from bronchitis, so that wasn't much fun. Now I'm avoiding sick people as best I can and trying to get the miles in each week. David

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7

...---...

I'm excited. I feel I'll be ready. I'm doing the half as well - A couple of nagging injury type things seem to have cleared up now and, although I'm a bit behind in training, I should be okay if: 1. don't try to make up too much distance between now and then (it's not like cramming for exams) 2. control pace early 3. eat and hydrate well before, during, and after 4. rest enough I've decided to walk through the water/aid stations. Hopefully this will help me temper my pace and ensure I get the fluids inside body, not out.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I'm feeling great. I just spent 4 hours running through snow this past weekend, some of which was up to my waist and on the second of the 2 10.6 mile laps the sun had melted and made the snow soft enough that it was tougher than running through sand. If I can do that, I can run roads easily enough, I wager. We'll see how the half marathon on the 16th goes. If I'm in the kind of shape that I expect I'm in, I should be able to run a 76-77 minute race pretty comfortably.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

I did 13.3 on Sunday, my first long run for a while. It wasn't a lot of fun but I did it, so I know I'm OK for the half (no PR's are in jeopardy, however). Felt OK the next day so I'm still keeping open the option of switching to the full at packet pickup, so I can pace my friend from India.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dgtray

Sounds like everyone is ready to go. I ran 15 on Sunday and will do another long run between 13-15 next Sunday too. It depends on if the weather will cooperate. Who knows what it will be like on race day. We got a scare Friday night with the tornado that hit Douglasville. After hitting the Kroger's it damaged several houses about 1/4 mile away from my house. I was home and didn't notice anything unusual. It was a fast moving and small storm. I was running Saturday morning in a snow flurry and was surprised when I saw the damaged houses. David

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7