Atlanta ING Marathon

Entry Roll Call 2009 (Read 427 times)

...---...

Okay - y'all sold me. I'm registered for the full. This will be my second marathon. My first, from what I understand, will be similar terrain. Hoping for a good race. Training starts...NOW.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I signed up for the half. If I had started earlier, I would do the whole marathon, but my long runs have suffered for the past few months so I'll take the half. I did the first one they had 2 years ago and it was pretty fun. I learned in that one though to bring my own beverages.

...---...

Hopefully, the beverage situation has been worked out. This year they're supposed to have 23 aid stations. I think after last years warm race day, and the Chicago fiasco, race coordinators are taking extra strides. Best of luck in the half. Stay in touch with training.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Hopefully, the beverage situation has been worked out. This year they're supposed to have 23 aid stations. I think after last years warm race day, and the Chicago fiasco, race coordinators are taking extra strides. Best of luck in the half. Stay in touch with training.
          Warm race day 2 years ago - last year was in the 40s and windy, which I enjoyed but I noticed a few others around me didn't. I still don't know if I'll be in town that weekend or not. Will update y'all once I know one way or the other.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

...---...

Ah, come on Blaine - you know you wanna run it. Just register already Big grin Didn't you get certified to measure courses at ING last year?...or something like that?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Ah, come on Blaine - you know you wanna run it. Just register already Big grin Didn't you get certified to measure courses at ING last year?...or something like that?
              Certified by RRCA to coach, but it's almost the same thing...heheh. If I'm going to come back to Atlanta, then a few things have to click into place that are outside of my control. I've got my fingers crossed.

Run to Win

Ah, come on Blaine - you know you wanna run it. Just register already Big grin
                Well, it does not look like I will be running it again this year. I'll have to settle for the eastern states 20 miler or something similar for my 5-weeks out tuneup (race goes from Maine to Massachussetts)

Run to Win

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey, just rejoined the group. I'm doing the HM this year. BTW a search for ING and georgia did not turn up this list. Eric?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm in! This will be my first marathon ever! I wanted to do Chicago first, but then I decided that I didn't really want to spend all that money if I didn't enjoy doing it, so I went local for the first and may do Chicago depending on how well this turns out. I used to live in Atlanta, so I still have friends there who can take care of me after. I'm currently in Birmingham, AL, and I'm thinking the terrain will be pretty similar. Jen

...---...

Awesome Jen...should be a great time for all. I'm looking forward to running through the historic neighborhoods personally. I think the terrains will be similar to Birmingham but others here who have done marathons in both Atlanta and Birmingham (eh hem, Perfesser) may want to comment.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I ran the inaugural Mercedes half and then the full the next year. At that time the Birmingham race was much more hilly than the ING Georgia is. Since the Birmingham race is now ran entirely within Birmingham they may be very similar to each other. ING Georgia has lots of rolling inclines, the most severe at Chandler Park around mile 8. If your training runs have been in the Birmingham area you should do fine in Atlanta.
                        USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

Imminent Catastrophe

Birmingham was probably less hilly, a lot of it is in the downtown area (lots of turns on the course) and fairly flat, then a hilly portion in the middle with the end once again in downtown and fairly flat. ING is pretty much hilly all the way, but nothing big. I would say the two are comparable.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

I'm out - injured. Have a great run y'all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Best of luck in your recovery. Unfortunately we all have to deal with injuries from time to time. Hopefully your injury isn't severe.
                              USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010