Atlanta Runners

What part of Georgia/Atlanta are you from? (Read 500 times)

Life is Good

Hi, My Name is Jamie, I am from the Newnan Area ( south of the ATL airport) it's always fun to chat with ppl in the Georgia area, I actually started a forum for Newnan runners when I first joined here about 2 years ago, there are like three of us on the site (me,DH, and another local) needless to say it's doesn't get much action... Big grin I hope this one takes off for ya!

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

I'm a GT student so I'm not exactly from Atlanta but I am in the area for at least the next couple years.

Life is Good

Yankee transplant here myself since 1987... I ran a race on the GT campus once...it was pretty nice. you should have a lot of places to run there I would imagine. belong to any running clubs yet? the Atlanta track club is a pretty nice one, lot's of people to run/train with and offer moral support. Good luck with school and running!

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

Hey. Glad to see some Atlantans on the forums! I live in Inman Park and am a new runner. I'm just beginning week four of the Couch to 5k program and really enjoying it.
          Ben
          site: www.benhorton.net

Imminent Catastrophe

Ellijay. Does that count?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

Hi! I live in Johns Creek and work in Buckhead, but I'm really a New Yorker at heart. Big grin
                Ellijay. Does that count?
                Yeah, I think Ellijay is one of the extended suburbs of Atlanta.
                Ben
                  Does anyone ever run the Freedom trail? I haven't found the path documented very well anywhere on the internet--I actually had to use Google maps in satellite view to figure out where it goes. If you're running intown, though, it's a great alternative to running in traffic!
                  Ben
                    Hi, I'm Bobby, 55 yo runner living in Tucker. I run 2 to 4 half and full marathons each year along with several local 5k and 10k races. I'm a 9 to 10 min/mile runner and tend to be a pretty good middle of the pack to back of the pack runner, but someone has to bring up the rear guard. I'm a member of the Atlanta Track Club and volunteer at a few races each year. I run a lot in the Chamblee-Tucker/Tucker High School and Stone Mountain areas. And although I graduated from Georgia State I have been an avid Georgia Tech football fan since 1977 and attend most of their games, including a few away games.
                    USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
                      Alright, Bobby.... I am a Georgia State graduate and an adopted Georgia Tech football fan, as well. However, Georgia State's football team (finally!) is kicking off next year. They're in a different division so I don't think this should be a conflict of interest yet!
                      Ben

Life is Good

Well I'm an Michigan State Spartan football/basketball fan because that is my school... My husband did Graduate work at Ga. State.. He is not a really a big fan of any Georgia colleges...but he would pull for Tech over UGA any day! I on the other hand am a closet UGA fan ( except when they play my Spartans in Ball... this should turn interesting during ball season Big grinBig grinBig grin

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

Consistently Slow

Native Atlantan. I live in Decatur. GT fan. The GT athletic department 'bug man'. P'tree road race consecutive 20 yrs.

Run until the trail runs out.

2014***1500 miles 09/28/14

50miler 13:26:18

Race Less Train More

Pistol 100 ----01/03/15

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jennchess

Hi, I live in Duluth and work there also. I used to run alot of 5ks and moved to GA from TN. I kinda got out of the swing of things and missed running. So I re-dedicated myself recently to running and remember how much I love doing it again. I'm trying to build the miles and pace slowly. I look forward to learning from everyone.
                              Great! Welcome, Jenn!
                              Ben

glutton for punishment

I am from the marietta/acworth area. went to Georgia Tech, Civil Engineer. i run on at the river, some neighborhood loops i have created in the smyrna area; and HS tracks; i run 5-6 dpw currently around 25 mpw - trying to get that up to 35-40 if time allows so far this year i have run the following: chattahoochee challenge 10K charles harris 10K (my PR 47:11) run the reagan 10K hoya and hare 5K ING Georgia HM chickamauga chase 15K jonquil city jog 5K (my PR 22:45) i am in the Peachtree of course and will probably run many more races this year. i used to get up every saturday and go run a race, but i am backing off from that so i can concentrate more on my training i will still run a lot of races this year, atlanta is great for that
                                PRs: 5K - 22:15 May 09 10K - 47:11 feb 09 15K - 1:16 april 09 HM - 1:47 nov 08