Beginners and Beyond

Fogday Mondailies (Read 36 times)

LRB

LRB, yesterday I saw a guy running in grey sweat pants and sweat shirt, Rocky style. I thought it was really cool. I already have synthetic running clothes that are rather baggy, and I think that all the new stuff I'm going to buy is going to be that way. This summer I experimented with shorter shorts, and will probably go back to longer.

I love it that I look like nothing.

I can dig it.  For me it became more about the attitude than anything else, I feel that starts with the look. When I step to the line in a race the crowd parts, I like that. Of course it's probably because I stink. 

Keeping in my that I am only a wanna be age grouper and not a real threat most weekends, but I do enjoy it.

Hip Redux

I am home and fully depressed with the news that a second player in as many weeks has been suspended from my beloved Lions for yet another infraction of stepping on someone.

FFS man, keep your damn feet on the ground idiots!

Discount double check!   Oh wait...

LRB

Discount double check!   Oh wait...

Seriously, they have no one to blame but themselves and the fans once again get crapped on.

DavePNW

Seriously, they have no one to blame but themselves and the fans once again get crapped on.

I honestly don't think they had much chance of winning in Dallas anyway.

Dave

LRB

I honestly don't think they had much chance of winning in Dallas anyway.

It would take my quarterback to play the game of his life which was improbable and that was before Suh got suspended. Now it's gonna take a miracle!

I am just bummed and they haven't even played the stupid game yet.

Hip Redux

I am just bummed and they haven't even played the stupid game yet.

You would have been a great Red Sox fan in the 80s and 90s. lol

LRB

You would have been a great Red Sox fan in the 80s and 90s. lol

That made me laugh out loud. As a lifelong fan of baseball I can relate to that!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have probably put on a few pounds over this vacation with the excessive eating of bad foods and drinking of too much beer, so today DW says "I'm hungry, let's go for an early dinner." I got a big chicken burrito, guac, chips and salsa. What the heck, one more big meal will be fine. If anything, it will be a carb load for my 8 mile tempo run tomorrow (bad excuse, but it works for me).

LRB

I have probably put on a few pounds over this vacation with the excessive eating of bad foods and drinking of too much beer, so today DW says "I'm hungry, let's go for an early dinner." I got a big chicken burrito, guac, chips and salsa. What the heck, one more big meal will be fine. If anything, it will be a carb load for my 8 mile tempo run tomorrow (bad excuse, but it works for me).

If I ever make it to the left coast you have got to take me out for one of them burritos you are always eating!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

If I ever make it to the left coast you have got to take me out for one of them burritos you are always eating!

Not a problem!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I guess my groin is not broken when I run 8 progressive miles at an awesome pace (for me) and feel like I'm just having a nice walk in the park?

Damaris

LRB

I guess my groin is not broken when I run 8 progressive miles at an awesome pace (for me) and feel like I'm just having a nice walk in the park?

You would only know for sure if you stepped sideways.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You would only know for sure if you stepped sideways.

I was almost run over by a car so I had to step sideways. Check!

Damaris

LRB

I was almost run over by a car so I had to step sideways. Check!

On the injured side and you felt no pain? Well by the power vested in me I hereby declare your groin not broken.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did outer thigh bands yesterday with no pain.  So, take that!  I still feel it when I cough so if I can stop coughing.

Damaris