Beginners and Beyond

Winter Weather WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

onemile

Are you back to evening running full time?

It's funny that I don't even consider it. I either run in the morning or it's a rest day, as was the case today.

I suppose if I were training for something it would be different, but then I would have just gotten up and ran.

I can't seem to convince myself to wake up at 5am to run on the treadmill. So I kind of switched back this week (and prior to that with the holidays I was running mid-day).  Hopefully next week is back to morning runs because the weather will be back to normal January temps.

Hi dailies:

Scotty - sorry to hear

Step - stay warm

Northern Folk - other than the Snowvember storm, this has seemed like a fairly normal winter.  Some snow, some cold, a couple warm breaks, meh.  Nothing driving us to the edge of insanity like last year.  (But there's still time!)

Speaking of 7 with 2, that's what's on the schedule for tonight Big grin

From the Internet.

Hi dailies!

I had planned to get up super early for my midweek MLR but instead I slept through my alarm and got 11 hours of sleep altogether. Whoops. I hate winter. Was going to go out a few minutes ago, brought all my running gear to work but left my shoes at home, so I'll probably take off a little early to get in 4-5 miles at home before I have to pick up the kid and reschedule my 8 to tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be -5F with windchills in the -20s, so I'll just get to work early and get enough stuff done to justify running during the warmest part of the day (18F and sunny, much more bearable).

Oh, and I met with my coach to discuss my next goal race (HM on May 17th). Have a loose plan worked out, will mostly involve increasing miles and some work approaching goal HMP for now; since I'm comfortable with 10+ mile long runs, my mission is to slowly work my way up to 14-15 miles over the next few months, with midweek miles going up a bit to support that long run length.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Lauren.

For those of you with dual monitors, do you have both horizontal?  I am trying my secondary in vertical, just because it's easier to see the docket that way (more pleadings, etc.)

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

SRD for me and it's my last week of four days of running. Next week the Pfitz plan really kicks in and I will be upping my mpw and running five days a week. I posted in my FB team 1 group that even though I am only in week 2 I have already started to eat everything in site. Speaking of that, I am hungry right now. It seems I'm forever hungry...

outoftheblue

I'm trapped in my house for the next few days as we are having the long drive way out to road paved.  5 miles on the TM last night, cross-training today.

Scotty,  your "aunt" sounds like a truly amazing women.  Thanks for sharing her remembrance and my condolences.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

Northern Folk - other than the Snowvember storm, this has seemed like a fairly normal winter.  Some snow, some cold, a couple warm breaks, meh.  Nothing driving us to the edge of insanity like last year.  (But there's still time!)

I was just thinking about this last night.  Other than this week's cold blast, it's been a very tolerable winter so far.  I'll be back to running outdoors in a day or two when these negative wind chills die.

<3

Hip Redux

Great, you guys totally just jinxed us.

DavePNW

Other than this week's cold blast, it's been a very tolerable winter so far.  

Yeah well that's like saying at Mile 6 of a marathon, "hey, this isn't so bad".

Dave

Cyberic

I was just thinking about this last night.  Other than this week's cold blast, it's been a very tolerable winter so far.  I'll be back to running outdoors in a day or two when these negative wind chills die.

Same here, it was actually a pretty mild winter so far. What killed it was Saturday's 6-8 inches of snow followed by 18 hours of freezing rain that then turned to 0F temperature. There's a thick layer of ice everywhere that is very annoying. Other than that, we expect 0F temps in January... nothing special.

LRB

Yeah well that's like saying at Mile 6 of a marathon, "hey, this isn't so bad".

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not wintery here yet. Will be cold tomorrow. They are delay openings all over and it won't be THAT cold compared to other places. I think 19. But for here, you'd think that meant it was going to be 21 below. Silly people.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And I just looked the feels like will be around 8. Still, not as bad as other places.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Flyby...

Track workout later. I think it may be around 8 celcius here.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I guess I am a Southerner being in Maryland? Anyway, it has been reasonable this winter until this week. Actually, this is the first school year in a LONG time that we have not had at least 1 weather related closing already. I'll take that, it makes my job far easier.

Still not happy about the cold, ice and snow that will be sticking around here far longer than usual. The typical pattern here for snow is warm day > snow> 40 degrees> rain>couple 40 degree days. Repeat cycle although warm up may not be as much and sub rain for snow. This below freezing crap sucks and I am over it.

Any thoughts on the Mizuno Hayate or Kazen trail shoes? I may swing by Holabird Sports on my way home this week to get trail shoes since that is probably the only way I can run outside this weekend.