Beginners and Beyond

Meh, It's the MONDAILIES (Read 39 times)

On the bright side, I can have coffee again, after having been diagnosed with an ulcer recently.

I spent yesterday recovering from Yom Kippur. (The fast was very difficult this year.) I managed to do .70 miles at 6.0 mph (10:00) and a 5.0 incline on the TM. I just did .80 miles, same speed, same incline. I hope to do 7.0 miles at a steady 6.0mph (10:00) and a 5.0 incline by the end of November, in preparation for Jerusalem Marathon training.

After work, since there's no rain in the forecast, I'll do 6.0 miles outside.

FML. I left my vest for running in the dark in the wash. It's in no shape to pack. Hamster wheel tonight:/

runninggirl30

Happy Monday 

Back to the daily grind.  I have 3 planned for today. My plan this week is to just do a repeat of last week and bump up the miles next week.

This past Saturday was supposed to be my 4 mile run but it turned into 3 .   It had been raining on and off all day and I finally got out during a dry spell in the afternoon.  About halfway through it started to drizzle (not a big deal, I can handle drizzle) but then it started to pour freezing rain.  Luckily at that point I was under a lot of tree cover.  I decided to turn around and was about a mile from my house when it started hailing.  I was getting pelted in the neck and the side of the face with BB sized balls of hail.  Those things sting!!  Anyway, it wasn't the greatest run.  I was so frustrated when I got home and told DH that if the weather was ever like that again while I was out running to come and get me!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

6 miles easy.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  Vacation's over, which is probably good because my people tolerance has run out.  Travel day today.  We should get home around 1:00, then we got a dogger to pick up, grocery shopping, and I have 8 miles to do.  OK then!

<3

LRB

'Sup!

Taking a rest day today, I will get back at it tomorrow.

happylily

Morning!

8 easy with strides.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have an SRD. What does that mean?  No comprendo.

Basya,hugs. Nice to see you around these parts.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Morning! Having fed breakfast to an 8-year-old black hole (2 eggs, buttered toast, cantaloupe, grapes, homemade muffin, yogurt, granola ... and I think he's still eating), I will run a few miles (5ish?) after dropping him off at school. Should have gotten up early, but didn't make it out of the warm bed.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning!  SRD for me today. Smile

I made it down the stairs forwards without even thinking about it today, realized I had left my phone charger upstairs and made it back up and down a second time, so that's good news, right?  Or maybe it just means that, regardless of everything else, at least I can be pretty sure that my legs were trained to run the distance.  I am sore, but not terribly so.  Tomorrow will probably be worse, but I can handle it.

I made it down the stairs forwards without even thinking about it today, realized I had left my phone charger upstairs and made it back up and down a second time, so that's good news, right?  Or maybe it just means that, regardless of everything else, at least I can be pretty sure that my legs were trained to run the distance.  I am sore, but not terribly so.  Tomorrow will probably be worse, but I can handle it.

That sounds like a good sign to me. Rest up & take your time recovering. And update your sig line!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sleep sucked last night lol, my right quad and right calf was tight and sore most of the night. I am glad I am taking today off as well, just going to take it easy and foam roll when I can. I've got 5 easy miles tomorrow, and I am going to take them EXTREMELY easy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll probably be scooting down any stairs on my butt the following hours after the race and then the following morning.

Awesome job, and glad to hear you are feeling pretty good 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like good news, Z!

Just had my breathing test. Sigh. Waiting for the bad news.

Damaris

LRB

Hi Basya!  Hopefully everything works out for you, It's good to have a potential source.

That sounds rough RG, thank goodness you are okay!

Hi D, have a nice rest day!

Hello lily, enjoy your run...or did you run it already?

Yo Step, all that yumminess sounds yummy!

Great news Zel, just walking around actually helps.

'Sup Phil and Dave!