Beginners and Beyond

Somnalent SaturDAILIES (Read 35 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I ran the Frozen Penguin 5K this morning! Ran my race as a fartlek. Overall pace was just under 11:00 min miles (33:44 unofficial time) which is faster than my easy pace by a little, but I hit 10K pace a few times during the race for just like 100 yards or so.....THAT felt GREAT. I hit 5K pace once or twice for a hot second and then decided not to get carried away. But look at this great New Balance LS tech shirt and finisher's medal! I had a surprise FE when I ran into MeaghanSketch and BlueDahlia too!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Kristin!

Good luck, Andrew and Mel!

Hubby has not run for a while due to his shin but now is running once a week.  He just ran 11 miles. 

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran 15 miles this morning, it was great during the first 8 or 9 miles but then I just started to have tummy troubles and had to make 3 more stops along the way. I got the run done though, 15 miles in 2:24:08 with an average pace of 9:36 min/mile and I screwed up my Garmin 610 by pressing the damn lap button twice so instead of 15 laps, I have 17 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

'Sup!

I ended up racing a 5k even though I really did not want to.  It is just too fuckin cold these days to get into the right frame of mind.  As it is, I did my best under the conditions.

There was a snafu with the course so they changed it to four .75 mile loops at the last minute, which of course made it a 3 mile race instead of 3.1.

It started snowing during warmup which screwed up the footing just enough that you had to run light or risk busting your ass.

My splits were 6:19, 6:37, 6:26 for a finish time of 19:26. But most impotantly, I got in some good, sustained distress and so I would say I am okay with the run over all despite checking out mentally during mile 2.

happylily

Well done, LRB! Awesome winter speed! Congratulations!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

In contrast to your amazing speed, I ran 7 miles at 10:00 pace. Yeah! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

That would be more prudent, of course.  I guess I'll see how it goes.  When is your race?

3/15 - It's a St. Patrick's day race.

- Andrew

LRB

In contrast to your amazing speed, I ran 7 miles at 10:00 pace. Yeah! 

It is all relative, you are certainly no slouch.

delicate flower

My splits were 6:19, 6:37, 6:26 for a finish time of 19:26. 

That's some solid work, son.

Got my LR in.  17 miles at 8:44 pace.  Good run.  My longest in quite some time.  I had more in the tank in both speed and distance, but I'm still building and don't want to push my luck.  A 17 miler down with 12 weeks until my marathon though....feeling good about that.  And this run was 4 sec/mile slower than my recent half marathon from hell.  Fockin race.

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Good running LRB! Still running sub 20 time in the 5k. I can't wait for this crap to get off the streets so we can have some good racing.

- Andrew

LRB

The evidence suggests your race was a fluke Boon, it happens.  Nice pace for 17 miles!

LRB

Good running LRB! Still running sub 20 time in the 5k. I can't wait for this crap to get off the streets so we can have some good racing.

I know!  My race week routine begins five days out.  It is hard to get focused when weather is a complete unknown.  Just hang in there bro, seasons do change.

'Sup!

I ended up racing a 5k even though I really did not want to.  It is just too fuckin cold these days to get into the right frame of mind.  As it is, I did my best under the conditions.

There was a snafu with the course so they changed it to four .75 mile loops at the last minute, which of course made it a 3 mile race instead of 3.1.

It started snowing during warmup which screwed up the footing just enough that you had to run light or risk busting your ass.

My splits were 6:19, 6:37, 6:26 for a finish time of 19:26. But most impotantly, I got in some good, sustained distress and so I would say I am okay with the run over all despite checking out mentally during mile 2.

Nice race! Super fast for these conditions. (Or for any conditions, really!)

I know this snow of which you speak. We got only a light dusting this AM; did not cause me any footing problems (of course I was running much slower); the problems was that it camouflaged the ice patches, which are still all over the sidewalks. The only thing that saved me was that people had already been out, so I could see footprints. Whenever I saw a footprint 2 feet long, someone had already slipped on it, so I avoided it. After the first few miles, I stuck to the streets.

Anyhoo - 20 miles at 9:02. Which is a bit faster than my usual LR pace. And all splits but 1 from mile 12 on were sub-9, including mile 20 at 8:17. I never look at my pace during a LR, so it just is what it is.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies, and happy Saturday!

My knee continues to s-l-o-w-l-y improve. A little stiff this morning, but I did make it through 5 miles, my longest run to date since October. I kept the pace down as I needed to do, still managing 10:19. That's about what I need to do in the Gate River Run 15K in 2 weeks. My performance in that run will determine whether or not I'll sign up for the Chickamauga Chase 15K in April.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! 6.55 miles for me this morning, my longest run ever by a whole 0.11 miles. I met up with my club at 8:00 but there were only 4 of us and no one at my pace, so I ran alone. I believe it climbed to about 13F by the time we started and I guess that's enough to deter some people, haha. I was pretty eager to get out of the cold ASAP so I finished in 1:05 and change, speedy for a long run for me, and I ran into a guy like, prancercizing down the boulevard toward the end, which was kind of hilarious. And that rounds out my second 20+ mile week in a row! Smile