Beginners and Beyond

Somnalent SaturDAILIES (Read 35 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice run, Lauren. It's especially nice setting a mileage record in that kind of weather!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My new TM had been christened with a 0.10 run.

Damaris

LRB

Nice run, Lauren. It's especially nice setting a mileage record in that kind of weather!

+1

Congrats on the comeback Tom!

Dave, the race was a Freedom Hill and not knowing where the ice was made it worse than it was.  Nice run!  Be sure to take it easy and/or short the couple of days.

LRB

My new TM had been christened with a 0.10 run.

The decimal point will move accordingly before it completely disappears soon!

Hip Redux

Hello dailies!

I aqua jogged intervals today.

Tonight's dinner is pizza - caramelized onions, pears, prosciutto and gorgonzola cheese.   Oh yeah.

That is all.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The decimal point will move accordingly before it completely disappears soon!

Yeah, I cannot wait until I report a 10 miler.  Ha.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LRB, great job on the race!

Damaris

LRB

Hello dailies!

I aqua jogged intervals today.

Tonight's dinner is pizza - caramelized onions, pears, prosciutto and gorgonzola cheese.   Oh yeah.

That is all.

Hi!

LRB

Yeah, I cannot wait until I report a 10 miler.  Ha.

I was thinking more along the lines of 100.  Tongue

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, all!

Nice racing, LRB!

Great long runs, Dave and Baboon!

Sounds like a prudent, smart way to run your race, Kristen!

Hello to the rest!

I ended up only having time for 13 miles at my 10:40ish recovery pace. The miles felt surprisingly easy. It helped that I was alongside 3 friends who were cranking out anywhere from 13 to 18 miles themselves (for the record, the guy doing 13 finished his in 1:40 - my 13 took 2:18).

Lunch was two trips through the line at HuHot Mongolian Grill; dinner will be popcorn watching a movie with DS - either the second Ice Age movie or Monsters Inc.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yugo18

Happy March, everyone - yay!

10.5 nice miles, and a nice Saturday still ahead.  I hope everybody enjoys the weekend!

Just B.S.

Congrats Kristen! Cute shirt. Smile

6 miles on the mill this morning.

2.5 mile hike in the woods with pooch and hubby in the afternoon. Snow was deep but we chose the woods

because it was too cold and windy (35mphr) in the open.

Heading to the basement for 2 hours on the spin bike. Hubby put my tri-bars on the spin bike so while I spin I

can watch TV and prop my tablet up between the tri bars to surf the net.

Talk about multi-tasking. Smile

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Side note from today's run - I witnessed the unfortunate demise of a squirrel. He darted out of the trees and across the road about 30 feet in front of me. Unfortunately, a mail truck was coming towards me and the squirrel ran right under it and got hit. Poor little guy.

It doesn't look like it was laying in pain - it appeared to be instant. It hadn't moved at all when I ran by it going the other way several minutes later.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There goes my SRD.  I had to try the TM out, so I did 2 walking miles with 2 X 0.20 running intervals and 1 X 0.10 interval.  Speed is returning little by little.

Damaris

Hi dailies:

Step - nice mileage

Baboon - enjoy the skiing.  Nice LR too --  that HM was a throw-away data point, fahgeddaboudit!

Lily - hope your toe recovers

DaveP - unexpected reference, well done

D - rest well

Beth - There's light (and maybe even warmth) at the end of the tunnel.  When the sun is out, it has almost tangible power now compared to mid-winter.

Zelanie - thanks for the update, glad Jack is OK

Brrr - good workout.  I googled Fleet Farm and it looks pretty cool -- everything for rural life in one stop.

Kristin - "cool" shirt! NB stuff seems to be high-quality and fits really well.

Free - way to tough it out

Rick - Congrats, very nice time even with being mentally checked out.  I'm starting to believe that one of the best ways to race well is to race frequently.

Tom - more progress, good news

Lauren - congrats on your longest-yet run.  "Prancerizing"?! LOL

Oski - oh yeah is right.  Enjoy!

Yugo - happy weekend to you as well

Shamrock 8K today.  I felt exceptionally good mentally and physically, but probably left some time on the course due to early-season tentativeness and lower-than-preferred temperature.  Much of the course was flat, but there were some decent up and down overpasses to navigate.

The OA female passed me like I was a traffic cone at about 3.5 miles en route to an excellent finish.  Plans of keeping her in kick-worthy range failed, and she didn't let any of that earned gap slip away as we hit the final long straightaway.

I was surprised to win my AG, and more surprised that I only lost to one more senior racer.  Slightly disappointed that in retrospect I could have safely run harder, but the year is just getting under way.