Beginners and Beyond

Not Manic or Maniacal, just MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

'Sup yo!

While I could use both of those adjectives to describe what awaits me at work, that would be like conceding defeat in a race before I even ran it.

Nope, my plan is to kick Monday and its hectic schedule right in the ass, and make a few bucks in the process. 

What's up with you?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Slept OK and feel less tired but I am still feeling run over so I guess I'm sick.  6-10 miles tonight depending on how I feel.

Damaris

LRB

Nothing fabulous to report I will be entering my first week w a quality tomorrow.  This week was all easy running w some strides mixed in:

16, 11, 11, 13, 10, 10, 9

I understand, I just like to see what a particular number (in this case 80 miles) looks like on paper so to speak.

My highest week ever was 74 miles in 7 days:

7 - 4 (PM double)

7 - 6 (PM double)

My second highest was 68 miles in 6 days:

8 - 4 (PM double)

8 - 8 (PM double)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning! I ended up at 33.7 miles for the week. That is a high since coming back 1.5 months ago. How about if we change TGIF to TGIM? Just a thought.

Today is a SRD. Have a great start to the week! God bless!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Morning!  Slept OK and feel less tired but I am still feeling run over so I guess I'm sick.  6-10 miles tonight depending on how I feel.

I hope you feel better. maybe you shouldn't run today. Your body may be be telling you that you need a break.

happylily

Feel better, Damaris. SO is very sick as well. Kind of a strange time of the year to get sick, no? At least around here...

I have 10 miles after work. I want to keep them very easy because I'm going for mileage this week. Aiming for somewhere between 8:20/8:30.

Looks like we will have another great summer day today and my work day will be very light. I appreciate little things like this. I appreciate life. I hope you all do as well.  Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Morning. I need more coffee.

Seven steady-pace slow miles after work. Probably on the TM.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hope you feel better. maybe you shouldn't run today. Your body may be be telling you that you need a break.

Although I would agree in normal circumstances, this is the remnants of an asthma bout.  Yesterday was just as bad because the breathing was low (I didn't know this until I checked it when I got to the office).  The run over feeling is part of lack of breathing.

If I were to rest every time I get one, I would not run 10 months out of the year.  That would drive me crazy.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I need more coffee.

Seven steady-pace slow miles after work. Probably on the TM.

Don't we all.

At least, in good news, the boss will be out for two weeks.  Yay.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my 37th race of the year on Saturday.  Report and photos:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/3d9e740a79e74074bcdba886a5125b83/resume#focus

Today is a non-running day.  Gail and I will be going to the Y after work to do weight training circuit.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Happy Monday!!  Whatcha say there, pork chops!?  Is everyone ready to tackle another work week with a positive, can-do attitude!?

I hit the pavement early this morning for 7 easy pre-work miles.  My legs were tired and it was a slow run.  Apparently exercising fairly hard yesterday for almost four hours (bike plus run) left my legs a bit worn down.  Big grin  But I ran early today so I could go for another bike ride after work.  Ok then.

I actually have an opportunity to run a HM this coming weekend and I am turning it down.  What is wrong with me!  I just want to focus on training though without having a HM wipe me out for two more weeks (figure taper, race, recovery).

Have a great day, yo!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are you sure YOU're not sick, Phil?

Damaris

LRB

lol

delicate flower

Sick of long races at race effort, yes.  Big grin

<3

LRB

Sick of long races at race effort, yes.  Big grin

I feel you, although distance is relative.  I am passing on a 5k this weekend for the same reason.