Beginners and Beyond

For all you gym rats, do not forget the essentials (Read 132 times)

LRB

Like a change of socks.

Just call me stinky feet today!  

Hip Redux

At one point or another, I have forgotten just about everything, even my sneakers.  

RSX

I can add a towel if you go to work after. I probably forget twice a year.

happylily

Back in the days when I would run at a gym, once, after running for about 3 or 4 minutes on the TM, I realized that I had forgotten to put on a bra. I am so deprived in that area that it really would not cause me any discomfort if I went without support there... But it was also my days of wearing cotton tank tops, because I was still a noob. So I stopped right there and went back home to get the missing garment. People already thought that I was really weird, I wasn't about to give them more reasons to gossip behind my back. 

I've also forgotten my towel many times and had to buy one from the gym each time. Now I have a nice collection in my linen closet.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

It has become enough of a habit that I haven't forgotten anything in a while (hereby jinxing myself). I have forgotten my undies; no comment on how that was resolved.

I can add a towel if you go to work after. I probably forget twice a year.

I have a coworker who has forgotten his towel a few times. He wears a white cotton undershirt every day; when he has forgotten his towel, he used that to dry himself off. So when he comes back to the office, looking still kind of wet & with no undershirt on, I know what happened.

Dave

RSX

It has become enough of a habit that I haven't forgotten anything in a while (hereby jinxing myself). I have forgotten my undies; no comment on how that was resolved.

I have a coworker who has forgotten his towel a few times. He wears a white cotton undershirt every day; when he has forgotten his towel, he used that to dry himself off. So when he comes back to the office, looking still kind of wet & with no undershirt on, I know what happened.

I put out everything the night before, and put them in the bag before I leave so usually catch missing things then. My gym doesn't sell towels so on those bad days I used my gym shirt but stayed away from people. After using a bunch of paper towels last month I put a clean towel in my car just in case.

#artbydmcbride

<phew>  this thread smells like feet!

Runners run

LRB

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

I'd like to add selfies to the list of essentials while at the gym...

LRB

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Going to run at the state park after work a few months ago, forgot my running socks. I know some people run without socks but for me it would have been blister city. So I was looking quite stylish running in my brown argyle dress socks! Not many men could pull that look off...and I am one who can't 

Luckily I really don't get embarrassed. I'm far too old to care what anyone thinks of what I'm wearing. My buddy who was running with me thought it was hilarious though.

Yugo8

I forgot ... a sports bra.  And I ran in a regular one.  Not fun, but I think it was half psychological.  I am totally crazy, though, because I remember my thoughts were all "getting in the miles > being totally comfortable, go go go."  But I don't think it was obvious to others, mostly in my head.  

I have also forgotten socks, but running sockless never bothered my feet very much,

LRB

I have also forgotten socks, but running sockless never bothered my feet very much,

How about sliding on a pair of socks after your shower that you just ran in?  lol

I have forgotten a towel a couple of times, and while paper towels work in a pinch, I would rather have the towel thank you very much!

I have forgotten undies too, on a day when I wore slacks, AACK!

I have also put my undies on backwards, so the opening was at my ass.  If you ever hear a guy laughing his ass off uncontrollably while standing at a urinal, he probably just realized his undies were on the wrong way!

The worst however was forgetting a shirt to wear after my run!  Luckily, I realized it before before I started my run and called a coworker who brought me in a shirt of his to wear.  Fun times!

sheepla

Socks are my most forgotten item.

Band for hair comes in close second.

My gym has towel service, thank goodness, or that would quickly make its way to the top of the forgotten list.

Hah, I forgot a change of boxers today and put my pants back on over the soggy pair after strongly considering going commando.

Not nearly as bad as a day last summer, when I was halfway to work before realizing that I had put on a tech tee instead my uniform polo.