Beginners and Beyond

Withy Wednesdailies! (Read 37 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

In honor of LRB and his comeback:  Withy:  flexible; wiry and agile; willow

I am the opposite of withy, lol.

Today is a rest day for me.  I did a run/walk on the Riverwalk after work yesterday.   For some reason the Riverwalk was unusually not busy, which made it nice for my running segments.  I had planned to do 3 miles but was feeling pretty good and ended up with 5.1 miles. I also got to "race" one of the tourist river boats, lol.  I was on the 'quiet' part of the Riverwalk and this boat full of tourists was alongside me in the river.  I'd be ahead of it, then take my walk break and the boat would pass me, and then I'd catch back up and pass it during my running segments.  The Riverwalk path is quite close to the river, so I heard some of the boat passengers jokingly tell the tour guide driving the boat "That guy keeps passing us, speed up!"   lol.   This 'race" went on for quite a while, my last 2 miles.  My last running segment I sped ahead of the boat and then stopped in the middle of a bridge that crosses over the river.   The boat came along and I waved and called out "Thanks for the race, folks!  Have a nice evening!" and everyone aboard laughed and  applauded, lol, and gave me a wave.  Then I walked down to one of my favorite places on the Riverwalk -

where the wait staff all have Great Legs...

.....I gave a pat to the "mascot dog" (ceramic) in the front....

" - and enjoyed a post-run cold lager while sitting on the patio in the 73 degree weather and watching the people and boats along the river.  Nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!

Scotty – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Sounds like you had a really nice run yesterday along the scenic Riverwalk.   I’ve never ridden on one of the boats, but I have been to the Riverwalk so I can just see your “race” so vividly in my mind.   Thanks for sharing!    Also, I’d like to submit another synonym for withy – bendy, as in people who regularly practice yoga are very bendy.    ;-)

Yesterday was our holiday luncheon at the office.   I made sure to eat a good breakfast so that I wouldn’t be starving and tempted to overeat.    It was a good strategy because I really didn’t eat too much of anything so I wasn’t feeling stuffed and bloated afterwards.   I’ll have to remember that in the future.    It ended up being a URD for me, but I had worked out every day for more than a week so I’m not feeling too guilty about it.

This morning, I got out at 3:05 for a 3.26 mile run.   It was the best run I’ve had outside since my return from injuries.   I started out slowly – just about right where I wanted to be – and then increased my speed throughout the run until the .26 mile cooldown.   I guess it was a progression run if you can have 3 mile progression runs.   Splits were 12.06, 11:10, and 10:49.   These splits are not at all where I’d like to be, but this run was a step in the right direction so I’m good with that.   Oh!   And, some houses had left their Christmas lights on all night so I enjoyed them thoroughly this morning!   ;-)

Have a Pinktacular day!!   And, may your next run help you to see more clearly where you are in your running career and in life in general, as well as how you’d like to improve both of these in the future!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  At the doctor to discuss my options.  Bleh.

6-7 miles tonight.

Damaris

LRB

Someone call me?

7 easy done.

Morning dailies:

Scotty - 45 is cold.  You have a pace boat, and a pub with hot waitresses at the end of your run.  Texas sounds awesome right about now.

Pink - good to hear about your progress.  This is a good day to think about improving life.

D - good luck at the Dr

Out for a MLR in a bit, then lots of housework and bottling my homebrew.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bleh.  That is all. Cry

Damaris

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone, I'm alive! I was out of town last week and this week has been nuts. MIL had to have a pacemaker put in yesterday. She's doing really well, but it's been a crazy week coming off of the holiday. Hopefully all the parents are going to be relatively healthy for a bit!

My running has been abysmal lately. I've had a wicked chest cold and any time I run outside I hack up a lung, I've felt better the past few days, so I'm going to give the Y a try after work. I've done a lot of walking in the meantime.

Have a good one!

Hip Redux

Bleh.  That is all. Cry

Oh no.  Sad  Surgery for sure?

Morning all!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Some more easy miles for me with two at GMP. I'm just staying loose at this point, training is essentially done. I'm getting antsy and am already packed!  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh no.  Sad  Surgery for sure?

Morning all!

I could wait another year or two but will be in pain all the time.  So yes.  And the surgery he recommends made me laugh.  Anti running people will have a field day when I remove my uterus.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I could wait another year or two but will be in pain all the time.  So yes.  And the surgery he recommends made me laugh.  Anti running people will have a field day when I remove my uterus.

Good luck with that D. Sounds like a real crappy time. Sad I wish you a speedy recovery in advance.

A 5.1 mile Interval run this morning on the TM. I cracked open Daniel's book last night and found the section on Interval workouts on a TM. I picked one around the middle: 5x3min with 2 min recovery. I did my jog at 8:57mm, and my run at 7:35mm. I think my jog/recovery is a bit fast, because my vDOT of 43 says my E paced run should be about 9:35. Man, that would be slow - I just don't know if I could do that. That 9mm face feels like an Easy run.

- Andrew

Anti running people will have a field day when I remove my uterus.

And no more "pregnant!" jokes.

Baboon

delicate flower

I could wait another year or two but will be in pain all the time.  So yes.  And the surgery he recommends made me laugh.  Anti running people will have a field day when I remove my uterus.

Clearly I have not been paying enough attention to the happenings around here, as I didn't realize you were in pain and in need of such surgery.  Best of luck to you, Damaris!

Pink, great running!  Nice to see you coming back and getting miles in again.

I think I'll hit the treadmill after work today...

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And no more "pregnant!" jokes.

True!  I will no longer have twins every so often!

Baboon, no worries.  It's been painful since Chicago, getting worse.  Every marathon has been slow and painful at certain stages.  That is all, nothing major, thankfully.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

True!  I will no longer have twins every so often!

Baboon, no worries.  It's been painful since Chicago, getting worse.  Every marathon has been slow and painful at certain stages.  That is all, nothing major, thankfully.

Well, actually, Damaris, you'll always have those lovely 'twins' of yours...just not the 'kids' kind.  Joking

So sorry to hear about the needed surgery, but glad you will no longer have to deal with the pain.  Did the doc let you know how much recovery time you will have to take before you can run again?  Wish you all the best!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt