Beginners and Beyond

What's your favorite music THURSDAILIES? (Read 201 times)

Sup dudes and dudettes?

Gonna fit 4 miles in later tonight.

As for music, Dream Theater has been on heavy rotation on my runs. But on last nights run I just typed "greatest" in the search box (as in greatest hits) and I got to randomly hear Foo Fighters, Queen and Styx among others LOL.

Something like Metallica Whiplash or Ride the Lightning album if I need some energy during a long run. \m/

So, rock I guess is the short answer.

Chairman

Scrape...Have a good easy run.  I don't know why, but I feel like my ego takes a hit every time I put on something that's not a neutral flat.  I've been forced to be very cautious about my shoe choices too though with my PF issues.

Already did the run bright and early today.

Oh, and as far as the change in shoes, I don't really have an issue with it. If Ryan Hall can run in the Asics Kayano, I can go back to the Brooks Adrenaline. I phased them out and replaced them with the Asics DS-Trainer last year as my bread and butter general purpose shoe. I really liked the feel of them at the time, but I am beginning to question that decision. There are definitely days where I feel like I want something beefier under my feet. So I am giving that a try before I run to the medical profession for answers.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Better I Leave

Dave...I could see you being a rock guy...something about the goatee ha.

LOL! Thanks...Wanna know something though? I played flute in school band. **giggle**

People look at me funny when I say that (especially if I'm wearing my motorcycle leathers on my road hog). Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LOL! Thanks...Wanna know something though? I played flute in school band. **giggle**

People look at me funny when I say that (especially if I'm wearing my motorcycle leathers on my road hog). Big grin

You think that's funny...I played ACCORDION, lol.  I can't even play a note now, I've forgotten it all.

Our high school class song (I graduated in 1972) was "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf.  Probably wouldn't have fit in well with the accordion. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, but it has its roots there.  Remember Puerto Ricans are a mixture of Europeans, Africans, and Taino Indian bloods, so reggaeton is something close to a technoreggae.  It's very upbeat and you should listen to it.  PERIOD.

Dave...I could see you being a rock guy...something about the goatee ha.

Pink...Killing the personals, as always!  That's a pretty legit reason to miss a run, but I can see why it was frustrating.  I can just imagine how badly you had to use the bathroom too ha.  Good luck with the post-work run.

Scrape...Have a good easy run.  I don't know why, but I feel like my ego takes a hit every time I put on something that's not a neutral flat.  I've been forced to be very cautious about my shoe choices too though with my PF issues.

Step...Looks like a good run you have planned today.  I think 1200s are some of my favorite repeats to run on the track because they're not all-out and don't hurt as much as miles.

Baboon...Good to see your spirits up.  I'm sure being able to run is helping with that too.  You stole the little tag line I've been thinking of putting under my picture a while!  Maybe I'll go with frahgile...like from the move "A Christmas Story."  People probably wouldn't get it though, and then I'd feel dumb.

LRB...I agree about being able to race up to a half of the training you have planned.  One of these years I'm going to take a cycle and focus on some shorter distance stuff.  The marathon addiction is hard to shake though.  At least with my running club I'm being "forced" to do some running at other distances.  Have you done a fall and spring marathon in the past?  I've decided the spring ones are easy to train for with the weather.

Docket...Is that the same as reggae?

April...I think you should have just run with it...even pacing down to the tenths of miles per hour haha.  Good job on the workout, even on the TM.  Shorts and short sleeves do sound nice.

Buchy...It's funny how sometimes our bodies react to mileage changes, and other times it doesn't seem to make a difference.  That's good that you recognized it though so that you can take the run easily tonight and then have a good rest tomorrow.

Damaris

Better I Leave

You think that's funny...I played ACCORDION, lol.  I can't even play a note now, I've forgotten it all.

Our high school class song (I graduated in 1972) was "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf.  Probably wouldn't have fit in well with the accordion. Joking

Heh...Ever seen Weird Al's version of "My Sharona" by The Knack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_G7HHJ0GE

Smile

LRB

...Wanna know something though? I played flute in school band. **giggle**

I played violin.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

No, but it has its roots there.  Remember Puerto Ricans are a mixture of Europeans, Africans, and Taino Indian bloods, so reggaeton is something close to a technoreggae.  It's very upbeat and you should listen to it.  PERIOD.

Got it!  Although I don't know if it'd quite fit with my mellow style.  I do tend to forget the African influence in PR.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Heidi enjoy your run.

Luke, enjoy yours, too. I hope that it’s not too boring.

Gustav, I’m happy to read that you’re back in action.

Just B.S., enjoy your running and swimming tonight. I’m jealous that you have access to a pool.

Baboon, I’m happy that you’re still able to be active. I hope that your knee heals quickly.

kristin10185, the rest is good for you.

flarunner, great run this morning.

jedigunnie26.2, excellent splits and pace.

lilac_jive, enjoy the workout. I wish that the iced coffee made me faster; I just needed something to make me civilized this morning.

Tom, enjoy the unpredictable weather.

scottydawg, enjoy your run tonight.

I enjoy reading about your adventures.

Kristin, I’m happy that you’re making progress and able to run more.

Rick, smokin’ run you did there.

AprilRunner, enjoy your workout.

Damaris, nice run. I wish that I had those conditions here.

Robert, excellent run.

Pinktastic, enjoy your post-work run.

scrape, I hope that your ankle is helped.

Shari, have fun running and strength training.

buchy2009, enjoy your easy three.

SIAR, sweet run.

c0derunner, have a great four-miler.

The last song to which I worked out this morning was, I think, “Supernaut”, as covered by 1,000 Homo DJs. I need heavy guitars and drums to keep me pumped early in the morning. I'm happy that abs are done already. I hate doing abs, especially late in the day, when I'd rather just relax:/

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon...Good to see your spirits up.  I'm sure being able to run is helping with that too.  You stole the little tag line I've been thinking of putting under my picture a while!  Maybe I'll go with frahgile...like from the move "A Christmas Story."  People probably wouldn't get it though, and then I'd feel dumb.

Heh...that's funny.  Big grin  DW came up with that name for me.  I tell her I am more trouble than I'm worth.

<3

Better I Leave

I need heavy guitars and drums to keep me pumped early in the morning.

Oh yeah....Anytime I hear White Zombie's "Thunder Kiss '65" while I'm running, my pace seems to pick up considerably.

I played violin.

Heh heh.  Violin can be tough!  Flute... not so much...  Dave has you beat.  ; )

And 4 miles *was* taking it easy!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

LRB

OK, so you're still in Phase I. I'm in my third week of Phase II. First time with 3 quality workouts so I am interested to see how that goes this week. So far so good with 2 down and 1 to go Sat plus my LR on Sun. Liking the plan though and much more intense quality then I've done in my 3+ years of running. I think it's the kick in ass I need to get my BQ next year.

Awesome!

LRB

And 4 miles *was* taking it easy!

Good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya, be careful what you wish for.  My marathon next weekend will most likely be between 65-79F and it already says brilliant sun.  Miami sun is not good (ask LRB) plus the course is shadeless.  I predict pain.  Haha.

SIAR, yes.  Reggaeton is not mellow.

Damaris