Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 47 times)

DavePNW

You don't have a more terrified-looking emoticon? No, it's fine. As you know with me, it's still not a given to show up at the starting line. But if I do, I'm comfortable that I've done all I can, and will throw myself on the mercy of the marathon gods.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Where do you live that it's a holiday?

I work for the federal government, and they still celebrate Columbus Day.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

She is in Florida, the Canada of the US.

LOL.

Damaris

onemile

It'll be a battle to the finish. We'll have daily updates in December.

The bunny says I am on pace for 2848, which would pass last year (2821) for a new PB, as well as continuing the streak of increasing every year since I've been running. But of course I will be cutting way back post-marathon, so I don't expect that to happen. And IDGAF too much about it. I don't really have any interest in increasing mileage anymore, just happy to be able to be consistent. I used to think I would push for 80mpw marathon cycles, but I decided at some point that 70mpw is enough and I'll just have to get what I get from that.

Maybe that will help with my post-marathon motivation dip

Or maybe not. I'm heading to Israel on Thanksgiving and not planning to run there

My best year was last year at 2660.  I wasn't purposely aiming for any number  - just running what Addie gives me.

Cyberic

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

She is in Florida, the Canada of the US.

Very similar in many aspects, especially temperature.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very similar in many aspects, especially temperature.

You are all comedians today!

Damaris

Cyberic

Maybe that will help with my post-marathon motivation dip.

You don't stand a chance against someone not racing 

onemile

You don't stand a chance against someone not racing 

Did you miss the part where I said you will easily pass me??? 

zzyzx

I usually run Monday mornings, but it was raining this morning. I don't run in the rain.

If I didn't run in the rain, I'd never run starting in late October!

Monday is the big lift day for me: abs, seated dip, hip abduction, hip adduction, chin up machine, horizontal calf, and leg press

Then I did the exercise bike, 31 minutes alpine setting, level 12 12.15 miles.

So I have a 10k on Sunday that I was just doing for fun but then I looked at last year's results. There were only 12 people in my division and only 3 were runners at all. If I run my normal 10k (and this is a much flatter route than I usually run), I would have finished 3rd or maybe even 2nd. Mind you, that doesn't mean that there won't be dozens more this year or they won't combine age groups, but for a chance at extra glory, I'm going to do a little carb loading this week.

DavePNW

I'm heading to Israel on Thanksgiving and not planning to run there

Awesome! It would be cool if you could; I've found when traveling that running can be a great way to see a city - you can cover more ground more quickly than walking. Assuming it's safe.

Dave

zzyzx

It's technically a holiday everywhere in the US but no one other than the federal government gets it off.

DavePNW

If I didn't run in the rain, I'd never run starting in late October!

+1.

I think you mentioned that you were in the Seattle area -- where are you? I live in Mill Creek.

What's your 10k?

Dave

zzyzx

Awesome! It would be cool if you could; I've found when traveling that running can be a great way to see a city - you can cover more ground more quickly than walking. Assuming it's safe.

I like seeing weird locations in my runkeeper map history.

DavePNW

Hey, it's a Canadian trying to trash-talk, cut him some slack! 

Dave

Cyberic

Trying to tickle your competitive side so you don't give up so soon. But then again, I get that it's easier for you that way, because even if you tried...

Hey, it's a Canadian trying to trash-talk, cut him some slack! 

Did you ever see Georges St-Pierre trying to trash talk?