Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 47 times)

zzyzx

+1.

I think you mentioned that you were in the Seattle area -- where are you? I live in Mill Creek.

What's your 10k?

Seattle proper. Go Hawks. Go M's....when I remember they exist!

I don't want to mention the name of my 10k lest a bunch of people here suddenly join and deny me my shot at glory but - subtle hint - I suspect you might be aware of it and may even be doing a different race on the course Wink

Baboon

delicate flower

You don't have a more terrified-looking emoticon? No, it's fine. As you know with me, it's still not a given to show up at the starting line. But if I do, I'm comfortable that I've done all I can, and will throw myself on the mercy of the marathon gods.

You should have decent marathon weather, unlike, say Detroit.  Or Hartford (glad I am not doing the full).

<3

Cyberic

DELETED

Cyberic

I hate quoting myself instead of modifying my post. But hey, I'm Canadian 

onemile

Trying to tickle your competitive side so you don't give up so soon. But then again, I get that it's easier for you that way, because even if you tried...

DavePNW

You should have decent marathon weather, unlike, say Detroit.  Or Hartford (glad I am not doing the full).

Yeah, I will not have that as an excuse. The worst that will happen is rain, which would suck but I wouldn't think should have much effect on performance. Just on chafing.

Dave

onemile

Awesome! It would be cool if you could; I've found when traveling that running can be a great way to see a city - you can cover more ground more quickly than walking. Assuming it's safe.

I am thinking I might run in Tel Aviv toward the end of the trip because I'll have more free time. Otherwise, to fit it in before the other planned excursions, I'd have to get up super early. But maybe.

onemile

Yeah, I will not have that as an excuse. The worst that will happen is rain, which would suck but I wouldn't think should have much effect on performance. Just on chafing.

I think I run well in rain. Prefer not pouring rain though.

Cyberic

Same here. Just have to take appropriate chafing precautions

DavePNW

Seattle proper. Go Hawks. Go M's....when I remember they exist!

I don't want to mention the name of my 10k lest a bunch of people here suddenly join and deny me my shot at glory but - subtle hint - I suspect you might be aware of it and may even be doing a different race on the course Wink

I am a fairly recent transplant, so meh Hawks, and lol M's. I work in Ballard, you can see my typical route in my log. And yes my commute sucks.

I forgot my race had a 10k. I have done the half there before, it is a nice flat course and well organized & supported race. This is the first year they added a marathon, and there aren't too many signed up, so that's gonna suck. I am surprised the 10k is not more competitive, since I seem to remember the half had some pretty fast people. But I do find it to be common that the shorter distances at multi-distance events are generally less competitive. That's my strategy for getting AG placings anyway.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Agreed.  I'd rather not have rain on race day, but some of my best races have been in rain.

<3

zzyzx

I am a fairly recent transplant, so meh Hawks, and lol M's. I work in Ballard, you can see my typical route in my log. And yes my commute sucks.

I forgot my race had a 10k. I have done the half there before, it is a nice flat course and well organized & supported race. This is the first year they added a marathon, and there aren't too many signed up, so that's gonna suck. I am surprised the 10k is not more competitive, since I seem to remember the half had some pretty fast people. But I do find it to be common that the shorter distances at multi-distance events are generally less competitive. That's my strategy for getting AG placings anyway.

Yeah I looked at the half from last year and saw that my current pace would have put me in the lower half of the group. I only ever have had one age group placing as I'm just not that fast... fast enough to usually finish in the top quarter or so but that's it... so I wouldn't mind another place.

Maybe the new full would make the half less competitive too.

RunningOnSand

I am on pace for 3099 but planning on some post-marathon downtime and a vacation in November. It would be nice to hit 3000 though I'm not sure if I can manage.

You all are inspiring!

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

GC100k

I work for the federal government, and they still celebrate Columbus Day.

Who knew? It's been years since I've heard Columbus Day even mentioned. I'd bet most people in the US have no idea that today is Columbus Day.