Beginners and Beyond

What the...WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 57 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, folks!

Basya - I tapered my coffee/caffeine way back to the point that I can drink 1-2 cups without jitters (usually), but don't get withdrawal headaches if I miss a day. I may still drink more coffee than that, but I make it decaf.

Today was a WWDD (What Would Damaris Do?) kind of day in Wisconsin - 73* and 71* dew point. Ick. But I complete all 11 miles on my schedule, despite being ready to quit halfway through the first mile due to a sore lower back. I'll try to do lots of stretching today, and I'm sitting on a hot pad now (which is ridiculous when it is going to be 90* later today).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Phil, great news on the doctor's visit.  Hope your knee continues recovering as well as it has.

Oski, what?  Ice cubes?  WTF?

The new Starbucks refresher (Orange) is my new morning caffeine addiction.  Yum.  And it's ICED!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice!  You can also use channel your inner D. Big grin

Morning, folks!

Basya - I tapered my coffee/caffeine way back to the point that I can drink 1-2 cups without jitters (usually), but don't get withdrawal headaches if I miss a day. I may still drink more coffee than that, but I make it decaf.

Today was a WWDD (What Would Damaris Do?) kind of day in Wisconsin - 73* and 71* dew point. Ick. But I complete all 11 miles on my schedule, despite being ready to quit halfway through the first mile due to a sore lower back. I'll try to do lots of stretching today, and I'm sitting on a hot pad now (which is ridiculous when it is going to be 90* later today).

Damaris

BruceD555

Ridiculous amounts of rain ... that about sums things up for me. Thunderstorms kept me up pretty much all last night and there was no chance of getting in a run this morning. Lots of folks are battling water in their basements and we're under flash flood warnings right now ... there's just nowhere for the rain to go.

Quite a few roads were flooded and closed when I drove DW to work this morning and it took us an extra 30 minutes (on top of a normal 20 minute drive) to get there because of the circuitous route I had to take to stay on high ground and go around road closings.

T-Storms are supposed to continue on & off today but I'll try to sneak out for an easy 3-5 over lunch if the weather permits ... otherwise I'll hit the treadmill @ the office sometime this afternoon.

Train smart ... race smarter.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great news Phil!

Great news Sarah!

Basya sorry about the headache Sad I am a bit of a caffeine junkie so I have been there!

3 mile "easy fartlek" with 15 minute slow jog warm up and 10 minute slow jog cool down for a little less than 5 miles total. I am settling into my Running-Wizard plan, and while it is challenging and a lot of miles, I like the variety of types of runs, distances, and paces it has me doing.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

5.2 mile run done earlier this morning.  Day 2 weightlifting at lunchtime.  Still a little sore from Monday.

Running for TJ because he can't.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey everyone. 10.3

bad night last night with a guy being a total d*** at the hoa meeting. I even got called names. Joy.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Congrats Pink. I hope your recovery goes as successfully as Baboon's.

SRD

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That sucks, you want my pepper spray? Smile

Hey everyone. 10.3

bad night last night with a guy being a total d*** at the hoa meeting. I even got called names. Joy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Whoa.  That's awful!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Careful he does not sue you guys.  Document every outburst in case and you might want to recommend security at the next meeting if that is possible.

Hey everyone. 10.3

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I still like the pepper spray idea Joking

Careful he does not sue you guys.  Document every outburst in case and you might want to recommend security at the next meeting if that is possible.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  My knee has gotten better to the point that my lack of cardio fitness is noticeable.  So good news?  Got my 5 in yesterday, but the last mile was more work than it should have been.  Hoping that it comes back more quickly this time around!  Today I plan to run 3, then another mile at PT.

Phil- I didn't even know there was an "advanced" PT.  Good luck!

Pink- Great news!  Wishing you a Pinktastic recovery phase!

Marjorie- I think you should challenge the HoA guy to a race.  First person to the 20 mile marker wins!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I have pepper spray Smile

Oh his outbursts are well recorded.  He has no grounds for a suit.  Not sure what he would sue us on......

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I even have a file at home that DH has called "crazy person' on the label for that file in our file drawer.  See, he often sends his emails also certified return receipt to our homes as well if he really wants to get a point across so they all get dumped in the file.

Marjorie