Beginners and Beyond

What the...WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 57 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I hope the authorities give him hell, he sounds like someone who seriously needs to get laid or knocked the F*** out. Someone should lay out some bear traps on his lawn, during Fall when the leaves are covering it.

ha!

Oh and a letter from the board attorney is going too

Marjorie

Robert31320

Team TJ

Congrats on the run, Robert!  What's up with the weightlifting? You're doing a specific program?

Good luck with your weight training program, Robert!  Reminds me, I need to start my strength training circuit again.  I am SO bad at not doing it, and I really need to be doing it for my back.  I have a doctor's appointment on Friday and I know she is going to scold me for being lazy in this area. Somehow, she always knows when I've been slacking off.   I think my wife and her must have some kind of pact, and Gail is giving my doc inside information. Wink

I'm not on a particular program, Scotty.  I've not done anything other than run for near 2 years now.  That has created somewhat of a sag in certain that it's time to fix...hoping to jump-start weight loss with it as well.

Running for TJ because he can't.

outoftheblue

Just 4.1 easy miles today, followed by some core work.  We have a big heat wave headed are way with temps in the triple digits for the next 7 days.  I'll need to get up before dawn or hit the treadmill if I want to run.

Baboon and Pink -- great news on your doctor's visits!

Life is good.

LRB

We have a big heat wave headed are way with temps in the triple digits for the next 7 days.

Ugh!

YAYpril - B-Plus

That was a warm 8-mile run. Yuck.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

2.50 miles with hubby.  A mild 92F so I cannot complain today.

Damaris

Hi dailies:

Basya - doh, that sounds rough.  I'd skip coffee for a couple days just to get it out of the system.

MBC - congrats on the "tri"

Rick - good to be careful

D - hope the allergy shot goes ok

Free - good 7... RoundUp can be discreetly applied to lawns of jackholes... jus' sayin Wink

Baboon - bring it indeed, nice sherpa-ing

Sarah - woot, running on the horizon!

Oski - good luck with the xc.. Dunkin drools, Tim Hortons rules

lilac - lucky to have a pool to go into

April - hope you avoided the mill

Scotty - hot hot hot

Step - WWDD, love it Smile

Bruce - yikes, build an ark

Kristin - running wizard?

Robert - pumpin' it up at lunch

Marjorie - oh that sucks, I hope you told him where to go.  There is a thread about HOA vs. Not in L&O, fairly interesting read.

B+ - enjoy the rest

Zelanie - good runs

Ric-G - after running up Everest, rest is still acceptable, haha

Kristin79 - congrats!

jjs - hola

Brr - ack

Beth - cool, who needs time for anything else.

OOTB - ugh, beat the heat

Yesterday, 19.9 at GMP plus :45.  I was after plus :30 but my legs were having none of it.  Heading out for some slooow stuff tonight, fartlek tomorrow, then preparing for Saturday's HM.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Jay.  It went great and my chest congestion is clearing up.  Whenever my husband wonders if I really still need these, weeks like these make me realize without allergy shots I would be an asthma attack waiting to happen, ha.  Awesome workout yesterday!

Damaris

LRB

Yesterday, 19.9 at GMP plus :45.  I was after plus :30 but my legs were having none of it.  Heading out for some slooow stuff tonight, fartlek tomorrow, then preparing for Saturday's HM.

He doesn't always run half marathons, but when he does, he runs 20 fuckin miles at goal marathon pace a few days before as a warm up.  Drink Gatorade my friend.

Hip Redux

Cross country race completed!   Trails were muddy and grass was slick, and some poor lady fell and sprained her ankle badly ahead of me.  I stopped, started to help her up the big ass hill we just came down when I realized it would be better if I ran up ahead and recruited more help.    So sprint up the hill, get some strapping young lads to help her and then ran the rest of the race.   Thought I was going to come in DFL, but I passed 3-4 walkers so almost last.

Here's the lumpy profile - not an easy run for me, and especially not when you do extra miles. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hilly to this Floridian....

Nice job!

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

He doesn't always run half marathons, but when he does, he runs 20 fuckin miles at goal marathon pace a few days before as a warm up.  Drink Gatorade my friend.

Bwahahaha!!

Nice job, Oski. You're a rockstar for helping that woman.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LRB that.made me laugh

Nice job Oski!

For anyone curious, Running Wizard is a Lydiard based plan customized to your running history, goals, ect. It is highly recommended over on thr main RA forum and the creators of it post over there!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  Sorry for just the evening posting here of late...hopefully it will be better the rest of the week.  Anyway, today was the second of our trail series.  I actually won the race, my first ever win.  It's a little short of a 5k, and my time was 19:12, about 20 seconds faster than last week.  Nobody was with me after the first half mile or so, which actually made it a little tricky to keep my pace up.  I'll be the first to admit that my racing tactics aren't great, so maybe this will help.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

Hey all.  Sorry for just the evening posting here of late...hopefully it will be better the rest of the week.  Anyway, today was the second of our trail series.  I actually won the race, my first ever win.  It's a little short of a 5k, and my time was 19:12, about 20 seconds faster than last week.  Nobody was with me after the first half mile or so, which actually made it a little tricky to keep my pace up.  I'll be the first to admit that my racing tactics aren't great, so maybe this will help.

Nice!