Beginners and Beyond

RunDAILIES 12.9 (Read 40 times)

LRB

Borrowed the title from Jay Dilla!

What up doe!

Today will be an off day from everything for me, well, except stretching.  Ha.

What about you?

StepbyStep-SH

SRD, which is good because my ribs are sore again. They hurt all day yesterday and still hurt some when I woke up this morning. After having felt much better for several days last week. WTF? If they don't feel better by the end of the day, I may call and try to get in to see someone tomorrow, but I don't think there's anything they can do about it. I'm guessing my long run Saturday was enough to re-aggravate things.

I'll spend the day at my desk or baking (and possibly eating) cookies. And will probably sit out kyukido class tonight completely. I managed to do more than half the class last Wednesday without problems, but I just now hiccupped and that made my ribs hurt. Thankfully we didn't get much snow and I conned my 7-year-old into shoveling the driveway by convincing him it was a great way to gather together enough snow for snowballs.

Make it great, runners. Or bitch about it like I am. You pick.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Off day for me too, after doing three 5Ks over the weekend.

First one was Saturday morning, Sights and Sounds 5K:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/bcb1370181c0422390f817a37658887e/resume#focus

Second one was Saturday evening, the Jingle Bell 5K for Arthritis:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/0c2db2ea2f9b44a0a578be6cdc914384/resume#focus

Third one was Sunday evening, , 5 PM start, the Wounded Warrior Wine and Dine 5K.   Report with photos to be posted after I get home from work today.

Temps were crazy for South Texas over the weekend.  29 at the start of my race on Saturday morning, then 36 for my Saturday evening 5K.  Finally, it warmed up a bit on Sunday, and I got to wear shorts again for that 5K, the temp at the start time was 48 and the sun was out.  Now we're going back down again, drizzly rain today and a high of only 44.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I really want to run but I know after a longer run yesterday I need to take today off since it isn't 100% yet.

Marjorie

delicate flower

What it be, chucko!  It be cold and raining, that what it be.  Somebody needs to explain to my legs that I did not run a marathon yesterday, but rather I ran a short little 5K.  My legs are being drama queens this morning.  I've got a treadmill on my post-work agenda and I am not looking forward to the first five minutes of that.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, if it ain't the snow on the trails trying to kill me then it is the ice on the roads trying to do me in. This morning's run was extremely frustrating and my legs were really sore from yesterday's trek through the woods., Rocky and I ended up with 4.1 miles instead of 6. I was about to lose it a couple of times on Rocky, trying to keep him away from the cars, but he would work his way behind me and around towards the vehicle and then cower when I'd yell at him for being a moron. I just couldn't fight with him for 6 miles, so instead of 1 mile tomorrow I'll do 2 and I am quite seriously thinking about giving Rocky a rest week this week because I just can't stand having him on a leash and trying not to slip and fall on my ass which I did 3 times before leaving the driveway - a .10 - .15 long driveway. I will be so happy when this ice and snow is gone or somewhat gone........ wishing it would happen this week.

Hopefully some stretching and foam rolling will help my muscles, I am seriously regretting swearing to the Holiday Streak now and half tempted to get on a treadmill but I like to complain and I like feeling like either a badass or getting my ass kicked.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Well, if it ain't the snow on the trails trying to kill me then it is the ice on the roads trying to do me in. This morning's run was extremely frustrating and my legs were really sore from yesterday's trek through the woods., Rocky and I ended up with 4.1 miles instead of 6. I was about to lose it a couple of times on Rocky, trying to keep him away from the cars, but he would work his way behind me and around towards the vehicle and then cower when I'd yell at him for being a moron. I just couldn't fight with him for 6 miles, so instead of 1 mile tomorrow I'll do 2 and I am quite seriously thinking about giving Rocky a rest week this week because I just can't stand having him on a leash and trying not to slip and fall on my ass which I did 3 times before leaving the driveway - a .10 - .15 long driveway. I will be so happy when this ice and snow is gone or somewhat gone........ wishing it would happen this week.

Hopefully some stretching and foam rolling will help my muscles, I am seriously regretting swearing to the Holiday Streak now and half tempted to get on a treadmill but I like to complain and I like feeling like either a badass or getting my ass kicked.

Snow and ice both really work your muscles differently than other running. Give yourself time to adjust.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Believe me, I am feeling it Big grin my body hates me right now lol. I know I'll get stronger, but I hate it.

Snow and ice both really work your muscles differently than other running. Give yourself time to adjust.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD as today is a travel day.  They have pinpointed Trixie's issues to the liver as I suspected and they are trying to find the cause.  Hoping for no cancer.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you furball D!

Morning!  SRD as today is a travel day.  They have pinpointed Trixie's issues to the liver as I suspected and they are trying to find the cause.  Hoping for no cancer.

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So....fuck fuck fuck. Excuse the language but I just can't catch a break....after a completely pain free and awesome half marathon yesterday. I can't walk today. I seem to have injured my foot and not realized?!?? Uuggghhhh I can NOT put pressure on my left heel. Feels like I pulled a muscle along the outside of my foot. It HURTS. I'm limping around work and afraid my boss is going to send me home cuz we are not allowed to work if we are injured in a way to keep us from chasing after kids. I'm so upset. It hurts on the outside bottom of my foot when I put pressure through my heel. Not the right place for PF....maybe pulled muscle or peroneal tendon???? Shit.... Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That sucks Kristin Sad...... I am not a doctor so I can't help you but hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So....fuck fuck fuck. Excuse the language but I just can't catch a break....after a completely pain free and awesome half marathon yesterday. I can't walk today. I seem to have injured my foot and not realized?!?? Uuggghhhh I can NOT put pressure on my left heel. Feels like I pulled a muscle along the outside of my foot. It HURTS. I'm limping around work and afraid my boss is going to send me home cuz we are not allowed to work if we are injured in a way to keep us from chasing after kids. I'm so upset. It hurts on the outside bottom of my foot when I put pressure through my heel. Not the right place for PF....maybe pulled muscle or peroneal tendon???? Shit.... Sad

I wouldn't freak out until after the third day.  The soreness from the HM is making it feel worse. Wait until that goes down before considering an injury.  Good luck!

Damaris

LRB

+1 to what D said.  Keep it moving...gently.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks LRB and Damaris.... Talking me out of panic mode....just really don't want to have to take time off running Sad Shin is finally better now this.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to