Beginners and Beyond

It is Jeans Day Fridailies! (Read 42 times)

meaghansketch

HAPPY FRIDAY!

So ready for this week to be over...

The only thing getting me through the day is the promise of ice cream cake and cookies (work staff birthdays and weddings).

I'm going to try to get 4-7 tonight on the TM and then I've got a 4 AM wakeup call tomorrow, as I'm volunteering at a fluid station for the Brooklyn Half Marathon.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

D2: I am a public educator (teacher). Fortunately, I have a pretty cool boss and we have a "loose dress code." Seriously, I wear nice shorts and a clean running shirt most days. If I have to get "dressed up" for something I will wear a Hawaiian shirt.

Very cool Jack. Both my parents were teachers.

- Andrew

LRB

... I'm volunteering at a fluid station for the Brooklyn Half Marathon.

That is mighty cool of you!

Denim Friday were instituted at my work last year but the fact that we still have furlough days it's really not appreciated the way that it will be once those are gone.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Very cool Jack. Both my parents were teachers.

It's nice because DW is also a teacher so we can go on some great trips over summer and Christmas.

DavePNW

Denim Friday were instituted at my work last year but the fact that we still have furlough days it's really not appreciated the way that it will be once those are gone.

Yeah to be honest I sort of protested it for a long time, because I thought it was a dumb idea. Either jeans are acceptable to wear or they're not. Regular pants are comfortable enough, not like it's some kind of reward. So it was only after I finally gave in that I realized it was more complicated than just putting on a pair of my regular jeans (according to my wife), and had to buy the new ones. And Lily I am pretty sure they do not fall into the skinny jeans category, although they certainly have less of a "relaxed fit" than my Levi's. They actually look pretty sharp. Sorry no pics.

Dave

LRB

Either jeans are acceptable to wear or they're not.

Well with our societies fixation on super-sized meals, there are those who should not wear them on denim Friday or ever.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about your weather, Phil.  Good luck with the TM miles.

Enjoy those speedy miles, Basya!

Shoot, Lily, that's 31 more pushups and situps than I can do!    Good luck with your miles and enjoy your 3-day weekend!

Bad transitioning, Tom..yeah, it's hell getting old, isn't it?    Hope all your chore tasks go well for you.

Safe drive home, FreeSoul.  Bet Rocky loved running out there in TN..all kinds of racoons and rabbits and squirrels to chase, right?

Dang, Step...I want to go take a nap now just from reading all your planned activities!  Good luck with all that!

Good luck with your core work, Andrew.  I think I need to start that too...having trouble seeing my toes when I look down.  But, but, but...if I lose my gut-shelf where will I set my beer down while I'm watching football?

Dang, Jack, must be nice to wear shorts to work.  What do you do that you get to wear shorts to work?  "In the cool of the night"...considering where you are, Jack, that's funny...

Glad your bike is a weather indicator for you, LRB!

Dang, DaveP, that is chilly for May...time to move somewhere else where they actually have a Spring.    Congrats on your miles.

Wow, Beth, very nice that you are appreciated!  Have fun this weekend with the cycling and the return to running!

Safe drive later, slymoon!

Enjoy the movie, Ric, give us your review on the remake after you watch it.

Congrats on getting your run done in that stuff, D2!  Yeah, that happens here too...rains on you, actually feels pretty good...and then it stops and gets all steamy/sauna-ey like a flippin' greenhouse....gaaaack!

Congrats on your miles, Marjorie.  No jeans don't blame you,  10.2 in jeans would probably get uncomfortable.

Ice-cream cake, yummy!  Enjoy, Meaghan!  Wow, that's early for tomorrow...but have fun volunteering...and thank you for doing it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

Well with our societies fixation on super-sized meals, there are those who should not wear them on denim Friday or ever.

LOL. Plenty of those types in our office.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did Scotty Damarize me?

in Orlando having lunch and errands to follow. Ugh.  Long ass drive.

My office has casual Fridays which angers one attorney. He also hates telework. So, he always looks at me angrily as I bring my laptop back after telework say wearing jeans.  Ha.

Damaris

B-Plus

I lost a "plus" today.

6 miles later.

outoftheblue

I ended up dong 5 miles yesterday and am thrilled that my ankle feels 100% today, so I'll probably hop in the mill later for another 5 or 6.

Everyday is jeans day here -- either long jeans, or jean shorts for the summer.  I haven't yet bought any farm overalls, but am beginning to see the wisdom of having all those pockets.   My chicks are now at 5 weeks, and broody mom is back in Little Duke's rotation.  I saw her casually checking out the nest boxes today, and I expect she will start laying eggs again this week.   I wish another hen would go broody.

Life is good.

Just B.S.

16 hilly miles straight into a 25 mp/hr wind to get into the city and meet hubby and son for

laps at the pool. It was a tough workout.

I am so delighted about our son running again. We all  raced a 5 miler together 2 weeks ago and I was

thrilled.

He joined our gym/pool facility and cycled for an hour before swimmimg. I am now hatching diabolical

plans about family triathlons. Smile

Hip Redux

Every day is jeans day for me.  In fact, I had to ask one of my employees to not wear flip flops to work - I know we have a relaxed dress code, but I don't need to see your feet (and it was a dude!).

If you want strange looks, go to the gym with crutches.  Lots of interesting comments from "Boy, slow going there with those sticks." to "Wow, dedication."

Just B.S.

Every day is jeans day for me.  In fact, I had to ask one of my employees to not wear flip flops to work - I know we have a relaxed dress code, but I don't need to see your feet (and it was a dude!).

If you want strange looks, go to the gym with crutches.  Lots of interesting comments from "Boy, slow going there with those sticks." to "Wow, dedication."

I'm with the "dedication" commentors Smile

LRB

I lost a "plus" today.

Things are um, rounding into shape 'eh?  lol

Beth I remember the high winds days riding my bike, talk about getting your ass kicked!

O, so did any of them bums offer to hold the door open for a lady?

Scotty it didn't rain a single drip so my bike is back to being stupid.  lol

When is your next race FS?

More chicken chronicles, yay!