Beginners and Beyond

Plenty of extra time in the morning to start the TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

I dressed like a polar bear last Sunday in Toronto. I looked ridiculous.  But my clothes were hardly wet when I finished and I never felt the urge to lower my arm warmers. Meanwhile, all the elite women were in their little skimpy attire, showing off. 

Yeah I pretty much looked as if I was waiting to be picked up by a John  Susan Sunday.   

LRB

Incidentally, Sunday I wore two pair of light knit gloves (a regular pair underneath a throwaway pair) fully expecting to toss one pair but did not until the very end.

It was 36 at the start with a wind chill of 30 and must have remained around there because normally I get hot but I never did.

On the subject of gloves I now have around 8 pair of various thicknesses that are interchangeable based on the conditions which last year were sub-zero wind chills in the 20's and 30's.

DavePNW

Incidentally, Sunday I wore two pair of light knit gloves (a regular pair underneath a throwaway pair) fully expecting to toss one pair but did not until the very end.

It was 36 at the start with a wind chill of 30 and must have remained around there because normally I get hot but I never did.

I tossed my gloves on the bridge (mile 3) and my hat in the tunnel (mile 7).

I had a long sleeve tee over a short sleeve tee. I was debating over that 2nd layer till the last minute before leaving the house. Worked out OK; helped in a few spots where the wind cut through, never really got too hot, and didn't even feel too sweaty at the end.

BTW - they did a nice job on the race shirt.

BTW2 - saw a sign from a spectator on the Canadian side, "US runners only need 90% effort".

Dave

happylily

The forecast was for -2C at the start (about 28F) and it was going up to about 35F at the end. So I wore long tights, shorts over them (purely for style, as I look stupid in tights alone. But turns out I look equally stupid with shorts over tights...). I had a tee-shirt and arm warmers which cover the hands if desired (I kept my hands covered the whole time). It was actually a tad warmer than they thought it would be, Started around 35F and ended (for me) around 44F (I think, but not certain). It was clouded and windy. I think it was similar as Detroit. Overall, the weather was great, but I would have preferred a racerback instead of a tee-shirt. I like to feel my shoulders exposed. Wearing tights did not bother me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I think it was warmer than forecasted in Toronto... went from 38 to 41F (4 to 5C) according to my records, as I only ran the half.  There was a bit of a windchill but far less than expected.  Was comfy in an UnderArmour longsleeve, compression shorts, calf sleeves and thin gloves, no hat.

When the top Canadian female finished, people posted on Facebook, "Get the girl some clothes!".. boy she looked chilly.

Lanni Marchant

happylily

I think it was warmer than forecasted in Toronto... went from 38 to 41F (4 to 5C) according to my records, as I only ran the half.  There was a bit of a windchill but far less than expected.  Was comfy in an UnderArmour longsleeve, compression shorts, calf sleeves and thin gloves, no hat.

When the top Canadian female finished, people posted on Facebook, "Get the girl some clothes!".. boy she looked chilly.

Hey! I know you! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lanni Marchant

I'm be scared about pinning my bib that high up, scared of stabbing my nipple lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Well Lanni has no boobs to speak of, but she's got a very cute belly button (check her other race pics)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Really? How so? 

Hey! I know you! 

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Same race from last year..  a bit warmer.  New Canadian record too!

Lanni Marchant

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

She might not have boobs but she still has nipples lol, hell I barely have much more boobs than her. I do like her stomach though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I love the way she dresses!  I would dress that way too if I could get away with it. 

Wassup TO!

One of your countrymen has suggested Toronto and it is definitely on my radar, especially with temps in the 30's low 40's.

How'd your race go?  We want details man! 

LRB

She might not have boobs but she still has nipples lol, hell I barely have much more boobs than her. I do like her stomach though.

If your nipples were pierced you would not be worried about pinning a bib on you.  NTIWKAAT 

B-Plus

Last winter was absolutely God awful to train through! If we get anything like a normal winter for these parts I'll be happier than a pig in slop!

Wasn't winter just 2 months ago?

I slept in. I'll run 6 later with some strides.

B-Plus

I had a nipple incident in the past so now I pin the bib in my stomach area.

Put me down for STWM 2015.