Beginners and Beyond

The Very Hungry WEDNESDAILIES (Read 41 times)

DavePNW

Step: LOVE baked oatmeal, haven't had it in a long time. Problem is I can never wait that long to eat.

LRB: Best yogurt flavors are (1) cherry, (2) blueberry.

To answer Dave's question from yesterday, Alexina finds it important to have an all natural birth, with a midwife. That's who she is. She's going the cloth diaper way, for the environment. She makes her own almond milk. She recycles to an extreme, etc... It's not my thing entirely, but I'm glad that in her 20ies, she is still full of ideals and hopes. Better that than a 40 something who's somewhat disillusioned and filled with sarcasm...

Lily: All the environmentalist stuff is great, more power to her. And "natural" (drug-free) birth is certainly a personal choice that some may think is crazy, but no more so than running a crapton of miles for no good reason. But IMHO, and I don't want to be all judgy (although impossible to say this without being judgy): having a baby outside a hospital is risky behavior. It's like riding a motorcycle without a helmet - probably everything will be fine, but in the event there is a problem, it becomes a much bigger problem. Just something I feel strongly about based on personal experience.

Dave

Zelanie

Actually, I am changing my vote to coffee yogurt.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! It's good to be in the company of you all.

As most/all of you know, we're having a baby girl. My wife kept saying yesterday that at least one of them will need to learn how to hunt, because she knows how much I wanted a boy to teach that to. I guess she didn't know I was going to teach it to both anyways. Smile The gender is all for show though, because all that's really important is having a healthy baby. Our baby is looking good, but our doctor thinks that my wife's due date might be a week off. So the baby might be closer to mid to late July.

On the running side of things, I did a 20 minute warmup at an Easy pace, followed by 4x [10 min Tempo + 2 min recovery], finishing with 20 minutes at an Easy pace. That was all on a TM this morning.

Have a great day!

- Andrew

happylily

Step: LOVE baked oatmeal, haven't had it in a long time. Problem is I can never wait that long to eat.

LRB: Best yogurt flavors are (1) cherry, (2) blueberry.

Lily: All the environmentalist stuff is great, more power to her. And "natural" (drug-free) birth is certainly a personal choice that some may think is crazy, but no more so than running a crapton of miles for no good reason. But IMHO, and I don't want to be all judgy (although impossible to say this without being judgy): having a baby outside a hospital is risky behavior. It's like riding a motorcycle without a helmet - probably everything will be fine, but in the event there is a problem, it becomes a much bigger problem. Just something I feel strongly about based on personal experience.

I hear you, Dave. I was happy with my two deliveries in a hospital. But being her mother's daughter, there isn't much I could say to make her change her mind. She even rejected my suggestion for a beautiful name (Hannah), for a weird one (Esmée). I mean, WTH? 

Favourite muffin? Hmmm, that's a hard one... Carrot? Cranberry and orange? Apple and nuts? All muffins are like little gifts from heaven. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Will run for scenery.

I like to buy plain yogurt and add my own flavor.  The pre-made stuff is a little too sweet.  My faves : strawberry preserves, honey, banana, fresh blueberries, anchovy paste.

Okay, that last one was just a test to see who's awake.

Lily, I admire DD's idealism too.  If it were me, it would be epidural all the way.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

DavePNW

I hear you, Dave. I was happy with my two deliveries in a hospital. But being her mother's daughter, there isn't much I could say to make her change her mind. She even rejected my suggestion for a beautiful name (Hannah), for a weird one (Esmée). I mean, WTH? 

Well I do respect you for letting her do her own thing (as if you have a choice)...that is the hardest thing to do as a parent. And I'm with you on the name...jeez.

BTW, regarding "natural delivery" -- I remember talking to an anesthesiologist about it once. His comment was "we can give you a natural appendectomy too, but no one ever asks for that".

Dave

Will run for scenery.

Okay, confession time.  Even though my memory sucks for useful stuff (what day is it, what's in my hand, best friend's name....) I know a crapton of useless stuff from the 1970's.

In the movie Foul Play (Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn) there's a character played by Burgess Meredith who has a 10 foot python as a pet.  The python's name : Esmee.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Pinktastic

BTW, regarding "natural delivery" -- I remember talking to an anesthesiologist about it once. His comment was "we can give you a natural appendectomy too, but no one ever asks for that".

LOL!  That's awesome!   ;-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Good freaking awesome morning, dailies!

The sun is shining, the temperature starts with a four and consists of two digits with no minus sign.  That is good enough for shorts.  Outside!

Basya - enjoy the 7

DaveP - on a diet?

Lily - sometimes meals fall by the wayside in favor of just eating stuff all day as time permits, heh.  Have a good MLR.

Baboon - nice progression

Beth - hi

Rick - wishing you some serenity

Step - imagine falling at that speed.  Ouch.

Zelanie - have a good workout.  I'd save running "with" people for easy miles, but that's just me.

Free - hope Dorian feels better

D - doctor fight!

Brrrr - of course girls can be excellent hunters, no need for a boy to pass that on to Smile

jjs - what, no lutefisk?  Tongue

Yogurt - it's gotta be greek.  Favorites include key lime, caramel macchiato, honey, and plain ol' vanilla.

Muffins - chocolate chip, blueberry, french vanilla, banana nut

LR is the plan.

happylily

LOL... Exactly my thought.  But maybe she's just trying to prove that she's tougher than her mother. 

happylily

Okay, confession time.  Even though my memory sucks for useful stuff (what day is it, what's in my hand, best friend's name....) I know a crapton of useless stuff from the 1970's.

In the movie Foul Play (Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn) there's a character played by Burgess Meredith who has a 10 foot python as a pet.  The python's name : Esmee.

LOL... Thanks for this. Now I'll picture a python every time I hold my granddaughter in my arms. And I have a phobia of snakes... 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

jjs - what, no lutefisk?  Tongue

I wonder how many people on this board even know what lutefisk is? Smile As someone who's more than 50% Norwegian I can claim to have it more than once. Really it's getting harder to find it, and I haven't had it in many years.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

7.2 for me today.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Okay I don't like yogurt either. So no coffee and no yogurt. I'm not one of the cool kids, I guess.

Marjorie

DavePNW

I wonder how many people on this board even know what lutefisk is? Smile As someone who's more than 50% Norwegian I can claim to have it more than once. Really it's getting harder to find it, and I haven't had it in many years.

A much larger number than the ones who actually eat it. Have you eaten it only on a dare, or because you actually like it?

Dave