Beginners and Beyond

The Very Hungry WEDNESDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

A much larger number than the ones who actually eat it. Have you eaten it only on a dare, or because you actually like it?

It wasn't a dare, it was more of peer pressure from my extended family. Smile When you're Aunt makes it for Thanksgiving, you need to try it.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

7.2 for me today.

At least someone in this thread is running and not eating garlic broccoli yogurt!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

At least someone in this thread is running and not eating garlic broccoli yogurt!

Ha. Yes. This thread is more about food than running today.

Marjorie

LRB

I like to buy plain yogurt and add my own flavor.  The pre-made stuff is a little too sweet.  My faves : strawberry preserves, honey, banana, fresh blueberries, anchovy paste.

Actually I buy the fruit on the bottom but usually do not eat the fruit.  Plain is just a tad too bitter for me, but I can dig where you're coming from though.

Z, I have seen coffee yogurt somewhere.  Just cannot remember where. 

Drew, girls are a blessing to raise.  My daughters were the greatest thing that ever happened to me.  it is not even close!

'Sup JMJ, enjoy the sun!

Dave, I eat cherry too.

How is your knee Step?

+1 on the muffins lil.  Have a good run later!

Hi Sarah!

Marj, you are VERY cool! 

Speaking of cool, hi O, D, B, MBC, Z, BBB, FS, BS and SbS!

Word.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Didn't post yesterday, had a great 7 miler in the sunshine, singlet and shorts, woohoo!  Warm again today, but it's supposed to rain.  That's ok tho, I don't mind the rain when it's 68* out. Smile

My BIL bought us a Roku for Christmas (it's a streaming device for your tv, for those that are wondering).  I just got around to hooking it up the other day, and quickly realized that it may have been a mistake.  I may never do anything productive again...ever. lol  I'm binging on Justified right now, then I'll do 24 before the new season starts.  I love watching tv with no commercials and being able to go from one episode straight to the next.

I don't eat yogurt, but I'll take a banana nut muffin! Big grin

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I want to eat everything that's not bolted to the floor.

How'd that work out for ya?

I am eating penne w/ tomato & basil sauce.  Gawd it's good!

LRB

I just got around to hooking it up the other day, and quickly realized that it may have been a mistake.  I may never do anything productive again...ever. lol 

Winning!

Hip Redux

My BIL bought us a Roku for Christmas (it's a streaming device for your tv, for those that are wondering).  I just got around to hooking it up the other day, and quickly realized that it may have been a mistake.  I may never do anything productive again...ever. lol  I'm binging on Justified right now, then I'll do 24 before the new season starts.  I love watching tv with no commercials and being able to go from one episode straight to the next.

24 is the perfect binge-watching show.  The beeping clock will give you PTSD by the time you are done with the old seasons though!

We're binging on Parks and Rec at the moment.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Aww LRB said I was cool.

Marjorie

LRB

Aww LRB said I was VERY cool. 

FYP. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So yesterdays run SUCKED. I have off my fulltime job at a school this whole week because schools here have President's Week off (we love our presidents I guess!) And only have my part time evening jobs Tues, Weds and Thurs so I stayed in Maryland at my boyfriend's til yesterday morning. It was still too crappy out to run outside so I decided that if I had to run on a TM I might as well get on the road and do it at home (he had already left for work). So I did it on the TM after I worked yesterday evening. My legs were REALLY sore (walking the BFs dog through a foot and a half of snow and on icy roads for 3+ days twice a day I think used my leg muscles very differently ) and I could barely manage recovery pace with lots of walk breaks. I wanted 3.5 miles but I cut it short at 2.5. I felt like it was too painful to be beneficial. I walked another mile slowly.

Today was a different story though. Had a kick ass spin class and felt great!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

So yesterdays run SUCKED.

Today was a different story though. Had a kick ass spin class and felt great!

Boo. 

Awesome! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Boo. 

Awesome! 

lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh yeah, almost forgot, here is an update on my cousin's wife:

She is being moved from the hospital to a rehab facility this week (as soon as tomorrow if either of their top 2 choices have a bed for her and approve all the paperwork) where she will live for about a month and have lots of physical, occupational, and speech therapy. The deficits that she has seem more related to the stroke she sustained at some point during the whole ordeal rather then the cyst that was in her brain that started it all and has now been surgically removed. The stroke was in the back left side of the brain, and is affecting her vision and right side of the body. She is having trouble with peripheral vision and depth perception, and with her right foot. Since she woke up from a medically induced coma a week and a half ago, she has been having trouble recalling new information and focusing. For example she could be told her doctor's name several times a day and not remember it. However, this is improving and she is able to recall specific details from earlier in the day and the day before. Of course, the most difficult thing is the fact that she had completely lost memory of the previous 2-3 years of her life. Unfortunately that all includes a cross country move, a new house, a new job, and most importantly marrying my cousin (September of 2011) and having her daughter (born November 2013). She remembered my cousin (and told him many times she loves him!) as they had dated several years before getting married, but did not know they were married and did not know she had become a mother. WELL.....all of her memory has not come back, sadly, but some things ARE coming back.... she remembered her iPad password (she has had the iPad less than 2 years.....such a small thing but still a memory from the last 2 years!), and recalled a few specific details about their wedding day! It seems a few memories here and there are seeping back in!