Beginners and Beyond

The Very Hungry WEDNESDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Oh yeah, almost forgot, here is an update on my cousin's wife:

She is being moved from the hospital to a rehab facility this week (as soon as tomorrow if either of their top 2 choices have a bed for her and approve all the paperwork) where she will live for about a month and have lots of physical, occupational, and speech therapy. The deficits that she has seem more related to the stroke she sustained at some point during the whole ordeal rather then the cyst that was in her brain that started it all and has now been surgically removed. The stroke was in the back left side of the brain, and is affecting her vision and right side of the body. She is having trouble with peripheral vision and depth perception, and with her right foot. Since she woke up from a medically induced coma a week and a half ago, she has been having trouble recalling new information and focusing. For example she could be told her doctor's name several times a day and not remember it. However, this is improving and she is able to recall specific details from earlier in the day and the day before. Of course, the most difficult thing is the fact that she had completely lost memory of the previous 2-3 years of her life. Unfortunately that all includes a cross country move, a new house, a new job, and most importantly marrying my cousin (September of 2011) and having her daughter (born November 2013). She remembered my cousin (and told him many times she loves him!) as they had dated several years before getting married, but did not know they were married and did not know she had become a mother. WELL.....all of her memory has not come back, sadly, but some things ARE coming back.... she remembered her iPad password (she has had the iPad less than 2 years.....such a small thing but still a memory from the last 2 years!), and recalled a few specific details about their wedding day! It seems a few memories here and there are seeping back in!

Wow.

I'm glad she's improving. Hopefully it continues. The mind is quite the puzzle.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

I'm not sure how I would feel if my spouse remembered an iPad password before our wedding.  Tongue   But that's great news!  Hopefully more comes back.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm not sure how I would feel if my spouse remembered an iPad password before our wedding.  Tongue   But that's great news!  Hopefully more comes back.

Lol TRUE! But it was exciting for them to have her remember anything from the past couple years or so....means maybe some things are still in there somewhere.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Kristin, glad to hear some of her memories are starting to come back, hopefully that's a good sign!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Yugo8

Feeling better today, just a tiny pain on and off in my stomach.  I ran very enjoyable 7.5 miles during lunch.  It's around 65 degrees, though, and not used to that : grrr.

Hip Redux

I'm going to start logging calls to doctor's offices into my RA log.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Feeling better today, just a tiny pain on and off in my stomach.  I ran very enjoyable 7.5 miles during lunch.  It's around 65 degrees, though, and not used to that : grrr.

Man you get a long lunch break (or are just suppppppper fast!) My break isn't even long enough to change into running clothes lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DavePMI, terrific ten on the TM.

Lily, enjoy your run, however long it is.

Phil, try to enjoy serving time on the TM.

Rick, bravo on the seven.

Shari, have a nice, easy run on the TM.

FreeSoul87, poor little guySad Enjoy your eight with Rocky later.

Zelanie, have a great track workout.

Andrew, excellent TM run this morning. BTW, I slaughtered a goat when I was eleven and used to hunt myself.

Marjorie, sweet 7.2.

kristin10185, I'm happy that your CIL is making progress. I'm glad that today's workout was better than yesterday's.

Yugo8, wonderful 7.5.

Oski, STILL no referral? This is ridiculous.

Coffee yogurt: Mehadrin rocks it. Yummityyumyumyum!

Yugo8

Oh, and I did something stupid today:  I raced a guy during a training run.  I know better than that, but I couldn't stop myself.

I was running easy, in mile 2, because of yesterday's weird stomach/nausea issues.  I was just enjoying the weather and bustling life all around me (it's warmer, so everyone is out and about) when this guy comes up behind me at about my pace, and then he speeds up (speeds up quite obviously, I say!) as if to leave me in the dust.  I thought about it for about 20 seconds, and then I passed the dude steadily and not quickly.  He then actually tried to race me!  So, I am ashamed to say I thoroughly enjoyed leaving him in the dust with no problems, going for maybe half a mile or so until he was no longer there (turned off?).

So, this is my stupid story for the day.  I hardly ever do races.  Hm.  Maybe I should consider doing a race - it's been a few years.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me.  I did 3.1 miles yesterday at Fort Sam Houston, enjoying the 81-degree sunshine, and then after getting back to the gym, went inside and did a 50-minute weight training circuit.  Today is a rest day, but I may get out and take a short walk.

OK, why are y'all so hungry?

Uggg, sleet and rain, sucks, Baboon.  Sure you and MBC don't want to come visit for about a week?  78 degrees and sunny here today.

This boy needs his temperature checked...but not with that kind of thermometer!  The difference between an oral thermometer and THAT kind of thermometer, LRB?  The taste....   Yogurt...I guess blueberry.  I guessed that before I looked at Step's post.    My favorite flavor is strawberry.

hopefully the guys at Freakonomics, or Grant and Martha from A Way with Words, will keep me entertained.  Wow, Step...I have absolutely no idea who those folks are, lol.  If the music is past the 80s, I don't listen to it.  I'm the old-timer who listens to old-time classic rock, the oldies, etc, lol. .  I watched snowboard cross last night...what a crazy sport!  Crashes all over the place!  Then I tried to watch Jimmy Fallon, but that guy just annoyed the hell outta me and I didn't think he was as good as Leno for the Tonight Show.  I guess it's true, you really are a product of your generation, lol.   Good luck with your TM run!

Hope your little one feels better, FreeSoul!  Have fun with Rocky later!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  SRD (Again!).  BP was a bit high this morning and hubby wanted to put me on BP meds.  We had a fight, I won for now.  My doctor said not to worry until a week of data has been provided and we're in day 2.  Hello?

Your husband is not your attending physician is he?  So tell him to shaddup, you are listening to YOUR doctor!  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Actually, I am changing my vote to coffee yogurt.

That is truly disgusting....

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Reading Yugo's encounter today reminded me, for some unknown reason, of a RR item from yesterday.

I was bringing DD home from swimming lessons. It's was melting pretty good yesterday, and the streets were slick. I was going 30 in a residential neighborhood in my pickup when I pick up 3 runners crossed in front of me. The first 2 just said F it, but the last one stop (and stopped their Garmin). Seriously though, it was straight up dangerous. Were they running fast? Yes - probably 8mm Easy pace by what I gathered. Should people, adults included, be running through a stop sign, across a slippery street? Hell no. If one of them wiped out crossing the street it would have been terrible. I wish I had an email address for runners in town that I could complain to. I did think of just posting a reminder on a couple LRS Facebook pages, since I know the three involved were groupies of one of them.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad you had a good appointment, Andrew!  Baby girl, huh?  Buy nice girly things for her as she grows up...then when she turns dating age..buy a shotgun... ...or hire a really big ugly brute of a guy to be her 'uncle' and when her dates come calling, "Uncle" will take them aside and tell them "You be nice to her cuz if you don't....well, I've been in prison and I'm not afraid to go back...."      BTW, I know what lutefisk is...I was in Norway during my Air Force days.  Never ate it, though, as I don't  like either fish or seafood.

Good luck with the long run, Jay!

Dave, I sure as heck don't want to have a 'natural colonoscopy"!  That would probably be like having a baby in reverse, cept it's going up your butt....owwwww! 

Congrats on your 7.2, Marjorie.  I don't like coffee either.  And the only yogurt I will eat is Strawberry.  Gail had me try some of that greek 'chobani' yogurt once...yuk....SO yuk!

Congrats on your miles, D2, and enjoy that warmer weather!   I've heard of the ROKU, but not sure what it did. Does it stream netflix to your TV too?  Well, I'd need someone to hook it up for me too, I'm a technology idiot and if I tried to do it I'd probably set the house on fire or blow something up. That might get Gail a bit annoyed.  So when can you come over, Dave?

Hi again, Kristin and Zelanie!

Glad you are feeling better, Yugo!  Congrats on your run.  If it stays warm long enough, you'll acclimatize in no time.  Way to go, too, on your mini-race!

LRB

I'm going to start logging calls to doctor's offices into my RA log.

STOP MAKING ME LAUGH SO DAMN MUCH!  lol

And passwords come easy because they are routine.  There are certain account numbers that I know just by entering them on a keyboard, not because I know them.

Yate, that sounds like fun actually!

Supp D2!