Beginners and Beyond

The Very Hungry WEDNESDAILIES (Read 41 times)

B-Plus

I can't keep up with you chatty peeps anymore (well, I don't think I ever could), but I'm still here to declare my intent to run 3 miles after work.

Have great runs and rest days all.

LRB

I can't keep up with you chatty peeps anymore (well, I don't think I ever could), but I'm still here to declare my intent to run 3 miles after work.

Excellent!  And what flavor yogurt should we have waiting for you or are you a chocolate milk man, what with its near perfect 4:1 carb to protein ratio and all. 

StepbyStep-SH

Wow - busy board! I will reply to a few things that are still stuck in my head:

Zelanie: Chobani Bites! They are little "mini" cups of Chobani Greek yogurt. One is coffee with bits of dark chocolate. I buy them occasionally for when I have a sweet craving at night - 100 calories of that instead of ice cream.
        Scotty - Those are actually podcasts, like radio shows. Freakonomics looks at all kind of social phenomena from a statistics/economic viewpoint; A Way with Words is a call-in show where they talk about words and phrases and the origins of them. One thing today - why do we say "put on a your shoes and socks" instead of "put on your socks and shoes", since the socks go on first. Or fun old-time phrases people remember from their grandparents. Both are entertaining, IMO.

Kristin - Good news about your cousin's wife!

Re: yogurt - I actually get the plain, then stir in granola and some dried fruit for crunch and sweetness.

Re: natural birth - They can happen in the hospital, too. I had no meds when DS was born, partly because by the time it was hurting enough to really consider them, the doctors basically said he would be out before they kicked in. This is not counting local anesthesia, though, for repairs after (sorry if TMI). And I did have an IV for fluids. But no narcotics, no epidural.

And ... that's all I remember.

I ended up on the track instead of the TM. My preferred TM was available, but the TV in front of it was set to Kelly & Michael, and I was too lazy to ask a staff person to change it. And I hate watching Kelly Ripa. 8 miles done, easy pace. Knee is better, but I can tell it is still weak, which is why I didn't want to chance it outside.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha. Yes. This thread is more about food than running today.

Right, rub it in. 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh yeah, almost forgot, here is an update on my cousin's wife:

She is being moved from the hospital to a rehab facility this week (as soon as tomorrow if either of their top 2 choices have a bed for her and approve all the paperwork) where she will live for about a month and have lots of physical, occupational, and speech therapy. The deficits that she has seem more related to the stroke she sustained at some point during the whole ordeal rather then the cyst that was in her brain that started it all and has now been surgically removed. The stroke was in the back left side of the brain, and is affecting her vision and right side of the body. She is having trouble with peripheral vision and depth perception, and with her right foot. Since she woke up from a medically induced coma a week and a half ago, she has been having trouble recalling new information and focusing. For example she could be told her doctor's name several times a day and not remember it. However, this is improving and she is able to recall specific details from earlier in the day and the day before. Of course, the most difficult thing is the fact that she had completely lost memory of the previous 2-3 years of her life. Unfortunately that all includes a cross country move, a new house, a new job, and most importantly marrying my cousin (September of 2011) and having her daughter (born November 2013). She remembered my cousin (and told him many times she loves him!) as they had dated several years before getting married, but did not know they were married and did not know she had become a mother. WELL.....all of her memory has not come back, sadly, but some things ARE coming back.... she remembered her iPad password (she has had the iPad less than 2 years.....such a small thing but still a memory from the last 2 years!), and recalled a few specific details about their wedding day! It seems a few memories here and there are seeping back in!

Good news, overall.  And that is the medicine my husband has been practicing lately (Hospitalist at a rehab place).  She is in good hands.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm going to start logging calls to doctor's offices into my RA log.

Still?  Ugh.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Your husband is not your attending physician is he?  So tell him to shaddup, you are listening to YOUR doctor!  

Ahem, he is, that is the thing.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Still?  Ugh.

I might get in to see someone by next fall, at this rate.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I might get in to see someone by next fall, at this rate.

Dang..I sure hope you get in to see someone before you fall! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Dang..I sure hope you get in to see someone before you fall! 

I walked right into that one, didn't I?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes you did Oski

i just finished a big power point and I won't even be presenting it until next Wed. I don't usually get stuff done this far in advance. (and I created it all from scratch). Pretty impressed. Only took an hour (including the screen shots) since I know the subject so well. Now if I can keep myself away from it as I will now want to edit it a zillion times and it is not needed since this is not being recorded for mass consumption. Guess that is why I don't do until the day before or the morning of on stuff I know really well so I don't refine it over and over for no reason.

Marjorie

LRB

i just finished a big power point and I won't even be presenting it until next Wed.

I do those, and they are broadcast on cable.  Where the sheen on my forehead looks as if someone is shining a damn light on it.  MAKEUP! 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I can record it but they won't see me. Just the ppt and hear my voice. This one is a small audience so I may not record it.

Marjorie

Mmmmm...beer

9.1 done, total time 1:11:11 Big grin

Scotty, it streams everything, Netflix, Amazon, Huluplus, Blockbuster, HBOtogo, pretty much anything that streams, it'll play it.  You can play games on it too, the remote is like a Wii controller.  You have to pay for accounts like Netflix, etc., but we already have Amazon Prime, and so far that has everything I've wanted to watch.  We get a free month of Netflix, so I'll try that out too.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hi dailies:

Kristin - that is encouraging about the iPod password, even if not as important as the wedding.

Oski - Sad

Yugo - sometimes that is fun, I've made a game of "keep up with the muscle man's unsustainable pace on the track until he slows" many times, it makes the laps go by.

21.1 done in shorts, the mileage may not have scratched half of the temperature today Smile.