Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My RP and I ran 11 with 8 at marathon pace today.  He was trying out new shoes and kept pushing the pace on me, so we averaged 8:55, which is more aggressive than I would have liked, but it was also a nice, cool morning with low humidity.  We did some hill climbs, but total elevation for the MP miles was about 180'.

I finished August at 222.4 miles run and 39:13:30 time running - both are new monthly records for me and I'm feeling pretty good about what that says for my training.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Cool Fred!๐Ÿ˜Ž

just pool mix and chores… and waiting to go to work๐Ÿ˜

Baboon

delicate flower

So after running on the treadmill yesterday, my foot is killing me today.  I think I am looking at another 1-2 weeks without running, at a minimum.  I'll go see my PT guy tomorrow.  This injury is seriously bumming me out because the timing sucks.  Beautiful weather is arriving and fall race season is just about here.  Meh.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 5 divided between outside and the TM. It was great outside (50F) but had to come back to answer some emails, etc. so I stayed on the TM for the rest.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

So after running on the treadmill yesterday, my foot is killing me today.  I think I am looking at another 1-2 weeks without running, at a minimum.  I'll go see my PT guy tomorrow.  This injury is seriously bumming me out because the timing sucks.  Beautiful weather is arriving and fall race season is just about here.  Meh.

Baboon - I'm really sorry to hear about your foot injury.  I hope it heals quickly.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, Phil. Hope it's nothing major.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Too much too soon after your break? Maybe some super easy 3 milers every other day or something to get back on track.

sdWhiskers

6 miles.  Wanted 7 but I have a hard cut off with school drop off. Hoping to have Kid ride his bike to school starting next year--definitely looking forward to avoiding the school traffic nightmare. Also, I think drivers are terrible when I'm running but that's nothing compared to the really stupid shit people do around lots of little kids trying to cross a street.

DH had 8 coworkers out with Covid yesterday.

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes easy on the treadmill followed by more grape jelly making.

Baboon, hope it's nothing major with the foot.

sdWhiskers, is there a bike lane/path for kid to ride to school?  The elementary school by me has a bus for every kid. There are houses that back to the school. They still get a bus. The one neighborhood backing to the school is 2+ miles away by car. I have a solution to some of the driver shortages in my county.....

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, is there a bike lane/path for kid to ride to school?  The elementary school by me has a bus for every kid. There are houses that back to the school. They still get a bus. The one neighborhood backing to the school is 2+ miles away by car. I have a solution to some of the driver shortages in my county.....

Lol

No school buses here, its all driving or walking. Main roads have bike lanes but ehhhh not too safe. Next year, Kid will be in middle school which is one block closer to home but more importantly, no intersections to cross. It's a flat mile away, all sidewalks.

GinnyinPA

20 minutes easy on the treadmill followed by more grape jelly making.

Baboon, hope it's nothing major with the foot.

One day when I was out running I watched a school bus exit the elementary school parking lot, drive across the street and let a group of kids of at the trailer park across the road. No crossing guards and at that time of day the road is pretty busy, but still . . .

Half Crazy K 2.0

One day when I was out running I watched a school bus exit the elementary school parking lot, drive across the street and let a group of kids of at the trailer park across the road. No crossing guards and at that time of day the road is pretty busy, but still . . .

The buses leave the school, go roughly .1 miles and drop kids off. Depending which townhouse they live in, it's a further walk from the bus stop than the school!