Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #20 (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I’m thankful for warm sunny weather in Aruba but this 82 degrees and 73 DP by 7am is really making me wish it was 30 degrees out. Don’t get me wrong it’s easier to get outside when it’s warm, but I don’t run well in it at all

Me either. And that’s the Winter weather. Imagine Summer.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

So much happens here when I'm not parked in front of a computer all day! 

I went to run on the AlterG this afternoon since of course it was all booked up in the early mornings when I wanted it. 9 miles in dirty shorts because they only have one pair in my size and the person before me had just used them, but if I wore bigger ones the machine wouldn't calibrate, so I had no choice. I think next time I will bring along my own AlterG shorts, TYVM.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

So much happens here when I'm not parked in front of a computer all day! 

I went to run on the AlterG this afternoon since of course it was all booked up in the early mornings when I wanted it. 9 miles in dirty shorts because they only have one pair in my size and the person before me had just used them, but if I wore bigger ones the machine wouldn't calibrate, so I had no choice. I think next time I will bring along my own AlterG shorts, TYVM.

I didn't know there were specific shorts you had to wear, when using the AlterG. Crazytown.

Re: poops on the run. In MN during the later spring (usually after Memorial Day) and into the fall (into Oct) the PoP's are available to use. But in the winter they lock them up, I think b/c the liquid freezes. So there's nowhere to go, unless you want to go in the woods (as long as no one is coming!). Where I used to live, my running route was by a McDonald's and I used to stop there on the daily. 

Cyberic

I have some kind of weird post marathon cough/congestion going on

I get all kinds of stuff post marathon. Even got hemorrhoids on two occasions 

Cyberic

Re: poops on the run. In MN during the later spring (usually after Memorial Day) and into the fall (into Oct) the PoP's are available to use. But in the winter they lock them up, I think b/c the liquid freezes. So there's nowhere to go, unless you want to go in the woods (as long as no one is coming!). Where I used to live, my running route was by a McDonald's and I used to stop there on the daily. 

They say love is the best feeling ever. I say that finally make it to your toilet when the PM hits you on a run 5 miles from home is better.

bluerun

Super B****

I didn't know there were specific shorts you had to wear, when using the AlterG. Crazytown.

Of course you do -- how else is the air going to stay in the chamber? (I mean, obviously you wear regularly running shorts too, but these are to zip into the machine.)

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Of course you do -- how else is the air going to stay in the chamber? 

You have to assume that most people don’t know how TF these things work.

Dave

LRB

I ran in an Altra G years ago and it was the best thing ever. I was coming off whatever stress fracture injury I had at the time and it was the only way I could run. $25 a pop and I had nary an issue paying it because omg, I was RUNNING

DavePNW

Now I can’t stop singing this to the tune of the song “Fox on the Run”.

Pretty sure every runner has all park restrooms, McDonald’s, Starbucks, construction site portapotties, etc., mapped out on their regular routes. Doing a new route or running while traveling is always a crapshoot. So to speak.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I ran in an Altra G years ago and it was the best thing ever. I was coming off whatever stress fracture injury I had at the time and it was the only way I could run. $25 a pop and I had nary an issue paying it because omg, I was RUNNING

chasing the impossible

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

You have to assume that most people don’t know how TF these things work.

Indeed. Like the ConEd tech who didn't understand why I was freaking out over the whole 220 thing. He'd never even heard of an AlterG, poor guy.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Switched today's run to Wednesday as I got a headache this afternoon. I also have half of the kitchen, half of a bathroom, etc. They are halfway done but been very good at giving me most of what I need (they put the stove in place so I can cook tonight, for example).

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Pretty sure every runner has all park restrooms, McDonald’s, Starbucks, construction site portapotties, etc., mapped out on their regular routes. Doing a new route or running while traveling is always a crapshoot. So to speak.

YES! And has ratings for the bathrooms.

I'm so glad the McDonald's near me did a total tear down & rebuild. In the old store, you had no choice but to walk by the counter on the way to the bathrooms. I would wind up buying something because I'm sure they knew what I was doing. The new store design is way more discrete.

Putting POPs at the high school tracks seems like a good idea in theory. In practice, those get abused. I went in it one time. Someone pooped in the urinal part of it and left boxers in it.

LRB

Switched today's run to Wednesday as I got a headache this afternoon. I also have half of the kitchen, half of a bathroom, etc. They are halfway done but been very good at giving me most of what I need (they put the stove in place so I can cook tonight, for example).

But is your sidewalk shoveled??