Beginners and Beyond

Presidential Penguins run on Monday (Read 34 times)

Jen16226

Good afternoon everyone.

Suffering at work with a HORRIBLE headache.  It started after my 6 miles on Saturday.  I guess running in 19 degrees and my sinuses do not agree.

At any rate, I need to get 5.5 that I have on schedule done this afternoon when I get home and I am glad it is in the 40's today.

Philliefan- Enjoy your SRD!

Awood- That sucks about the hard drive.  That is how I store all music and pictures and I would just flip if that happened.

Gustav- Yuck on the feels like 5!

Dave- I hope the roller comes faster than you thought it would.

Jerry- Here's hoping the rain stays away!

Tori- Enjoy the test drive!  Get it if you like it! LOL  Forgot to tell you, DH got me the purple sport road ID bracelet for Valentine's Day. LOL

Bin- Good job on getting it done while the weather is good.

Hog- Enjoy your day!

Hopesmom- You know the week will not move fast enough! LOL  I will be on the same boat in 2 weeks.

Zelanie- Have a good run!

JBlack- Sounds like maybe a couple of runs a week you should change the settings!  Perhaps once I get used to "knowing" my pace, i will do the same thing.

Scotty- It's good to read how Gail is enjoying the membership!

Alrighty....back to work for me.

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm watching a set of refresher training slides on physical hazards in the laboratory.  It's narcotic, but you have to watch all the slides before you can get the password to take the test.  There are 49 slides.  My slide show got hung up on slide 45.  So after I clicked here and there, I finally refreshed.  And the whole thing started all over.  So now I'm trying not to Sleepy before I get to slide 45 ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Howdy all!!!!

I made it back from Virginia safe and sound. It took 14 hours to get back (including layovers). I made it back safely, but my luggage did not. It is lost in transit somewhere. Disapprove I am hoping it shows up sometime today or I will be out a lot of stuff, and some of it is not replaceable at it was from my dad's memorial service. 

No running for me today though. I plan on getting back into it sometime this week, but lately I just don't feel like doing much of anything. 

I'll catch everyone later. *waves*

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Rach!  I'm glad you got home safely, and I hope your luggage shows up soon!  I've had delayed bags before, once it was delayed by about a week.  I've never had a total loss of luggage, though.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm watching a set of refresher training slides on physical hazards in the laboratory.  It's narcotic, but you have to watch all the slides before you can get the password to take the test.  There are 49 slides.  My slide show got hung up on slide 45.  So after I clicked here and there, I finally refreshed.  And the whole thing started all over.  So now I'm trying not to Sleepy before I get to slide 45 ...

Ack.  It quit again, in exactly the same place.  I sent a message to OEHS, who puts the training modules together.  They should know that the training modules look like they were created by a 3rd grader and they are dysfunctional.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  SRD for me today.  I did a massage this morning and now I'm off to the vet for Sammy's follow up visit.

Damaris

howdy friends-

well after telling myself no races until MCM I have had to make some changes. My wife wants to do that race with me and I told her that I will slow down and go at her pace. So I mentioned that I needed to find a race that I could do and not have to wait for her. This coming April 3rd will be my 1 year runniversary, so what better thing than to do a race at that I wont be ready for. Smile I am not sure If I have ever been ready for a race, but I found a 50k that is called hells hills and isnt too terribly far from the house. My older sister said sign up for it and she will come do it also. So I think I found something to do the weekend of April 6th and 7th. Assuming I dont hurt myself somewhere along the way April 6th I will run an Ultra-marathon and April 7th we will have the Baptism for our little girl.

Hows that sound for someone making some wise decisions Smile

Now I get to throw a little plan together. luckily I have been having decent mileage since my Marathon, but I have not done anything longer than 16 miles in a while. oops

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie

Well I ran my first 13.1 and it went great!  I intentionally took it easy and although my legs were complaining a bit the last couple of miles, I felt good the whole way.  So now I know I can run the distance for sure.  The rest of my training program is just gravy. Smile

Jimmy- You are getting fast!  Sometimes I notice that when I'm not worried about my pace that I relax more, and that when I'm relaxed, I run faster.  Maybe that happens to you as well?

Scotty- Haha!  I took my time this morning and didn't even leave until about 9:30 AM Pacific time!  Glad that Gail is still enjoying the different classes, and a nice excuse to try some new neighborhoods!

Awood- Oh, I won't set any pace alarms for my race, I was already cursing my watch enough when I used that for a tempo run.  But on my model, the virtual pacer is just its own little screen that shows you and your "virtual racer" and then shows how far ahead or behind you are.  No screaming.

Jen16226- Hope that your headache has improved!

HsM- What a lame thing to happen in those training videos!  They are bad enough when they're working correctly!

Rach- Glad you made it back safely.  I have also had lost luggage before and everything has always arrived safely after a day or two.

D- Hoping that Sammy is feeling better!  And I don't know if I got a chance to say that I'm really sorry about what happened to your dad!  I'm glad that he's OK.

T-rod- I like your style. Smile

SheCan

Happy Presidents Days everyone!

Mitch, hope your race went well.  I'll read your report soon!

Hopesmom--- wooohooo@ Disney Vacation!  Lucky you!  Ugh@ the slide show mess up!  Just 4 more days, 4 more days.

JBlack-- good run!  It's important to have those runs where you're not worrying about it all the time.  Good for you!

scotty-- Its always so nice to explore a new area on a run.

Jen-- :-(   Hope you're headache is gone now.

Rach^ many hugs.  That sucks about your luggage.  Just take it easy, you've been through a lot.  Hopefully you'll get your stuff back soon.

Docket- massage?  That sounds wonderful!  I'm jealous.

t-rod-- wow!  Good for you!   Your first 50k will be about 2 weeks after my first 50k!  We will be training together for the next few weeks.

I went up to Phx over the weekend and did the Lost Dutchman marathon.  I was sooo tired by the time we got home yesterday.  I haven't decided if I am going to write up a report or not, but I got a 4:23:44 which was about a 12 minute PR for me.  Now I have to recuperate for a few days, I'm sure.  Right now I'm still feeling pretty sore and tired.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

YAY!! I knew how bad you wanted it!! :-)

Tori- Enjoy the test drive!  Get it if you like it! LOL  Forgot to tell you, DH got me the purple sport road ID bracelet for Valentine's Day. LOL

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

hog4life

Zelanie, congrats! That is a huge confidence booster, or at least it was for me. Time to put on the cruise control.

Zelanie

Cherie- Congrats on your marathon PR!  Way to go!

hog4life

Cherie, big PR, Congrats. You deserve the rest.

SheCan

Thank you, Zelanie and Mitch!

Zelanie, congrats to you to for passing that milestone.  It really helps to know that you can for sure do it!

Great RR, Mitch!  Congrats to you.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

T-rod- I like your style. Smile

I think i was dropped on my head as a kid Big grin

she can- is yours a road or trail 50K? I may start asking questions Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas