Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 36 times)

LRB

It's %#$& cold out.

The end.

True. It was 0 when I left the house this morning.

DavePNW

-3 for me. And I saw a couple runners out there. And actually I was jealous.

Dave

Hip Redux

It was -something when I left the house, not including the -somethingmore windchill.

LRB

LRB

Speaking of 3" inseam shorts -

https://www.nationalrunningcenter.com/product/MENS_FRANK_SHORTER_RUNNER_SHORT/91

$6.49 a pair if you are a club member.

I am a member.

I prefer his split-short style believe it or not...when I actually wear them that is. I moved to tights last fall during MRT and really like the predictability of them as far as chaffing goes. And what-not.

DavePNW

Prudent.

I am thinking about just taking the whole weekend off as a precautionary measure. I suppose this would be a good one anyway, considering weekends are when I try to get outside no matter what, and it's going to be cold as ass out there the whole time.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

LRB

I am thinking about just taking the whole weekend off as a precautionary measure.

I approve of this message. Experience has taught you well.

Hip Redux

I approve of this message. You have been injured a lot.

That's what meant, huh, LRB?

Hip Redux

LRB

Speaking of 3" inseam shorts -

https://www.nationalrunningcenter.com/product/MENS_FRANK_SHORTER_RUNNER_SHORT/91

$6.49 a pair if you are a club member.

I don't know how I feel about men wearing shorter shorts than I do.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 15 when I left the house this morning. One of the surrounding counties has a 2 hour delay for cold. Marylanders are cold weather wimps.

DavePNW

Still hurts? :-(

Nope. Not when I'm not running!

Dave

LRB

I don't know how I feel about men wearing shorter shorts than I do.

You should laugh your ass off, I do!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

SRD for me. Today my ankle is still a bit swollen. Actually, it's right above the ankle in that little fleshy area between the ankle and Achilles. I don't remember twisting it or taking a bad step. Any ideas?  At least I can run through it but I feel it EVERY step so I hope I'm not making it worse. Good job I have an SRD.  7 tomorrow and 18 Sunday so we'll see.   DD1 has a track meet tomorrow and I have a big drum gig with the band so that will be fun.

Have a good weekend. Hopefully you have a three day weekend like me. Smile

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that your core workout and trot were pleasant.

Cyberic99, fantastic five.

Damaris, enjoy the five miles and cardio.

DaveP MI, I hope that resting accelerates your healing.

Phil, have fun on the TM.

FreeSoul87, great run and circuit training.

scottydawg, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Yesterday, I was at the gym again. Running is going well. Intervals are getting longer and recoveries are getting shorting. I also did weights, pushups, and ab work.

Today, I made myself a great black cotton/spandex t-shirt. I'm now going to have breakfast, then, go to the gym. Later, I'll have an alignment.

I haven't had to use Albuterol all week. Yay!

outoftheblue

SRD for me. Today my ankle is still a bit swollen. Actually, it's right above the ankle in that little fleshy area between the ankle and Achilles. I don't remember twisting it or taking a bad step. Any ideas?  At least I can run through it but I feel it EVERY step so I hope I'm not making it worse. Good job I have an SRD.  7 tomorrow and 18 Sunday so we'll see.   DD1 has a track meet tomorrow and I have a big drum gig with the band so that will be fun.

Have a good weekend. Hopefully you have a three day weekend like me. Smile

Could it be a bursitis issue?  I would try some gentle stretching.

No running for me today, although I will do some light weights, core work and stretching.

Life is good.